Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SKY  (Read 58458 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 18:32:22 »

I've been very happy with the BT YouView box including BT Sport, and fast fibre broadband and landline. It's not cheap, but we needed programme recording facility for football and speedway as well as Netflix and Prime.  I binned Sky a few years ago, and glad that I did so.

ust be the oldest
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 18:36:02 »

Cheers.  I'm looking for a one off payment to buy a box and no monthly contracts.  The wife works from home and has virgin internet. It's never let her down, so she's sticking with that!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 08:07:32 »

Youview and Freeview are basically the same thing if you don't subscribe to one of BT's packages.

Given you've already got a dish, out of those options I'd go for a decent Freesat box - more channels than Freeview and all of the DVR and streaming functionality you're after.

However do consider whether you really need to record from air - most channels have decent on-demand catch up services now that have replaced the need to record.
If you only need catch up, Prime, Netflix, NowTV etc then something like an Amazon Fire TV or a Google Chromecast would be a decent and cheap option.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:51:33 »

Youview and Freeview are basically the same thing if you don't subscribe to one of BT's packages.

Given you've already got a dish, out of those options I'd go for a decent Freesat box - more channels than Freeview and all of the DVR and streaming functionality you're after.

However do consider whether you really need to record from air - most channels have decent on-demand catch up services now that have replaced the need to record.
If you only need catch up, Prime, Netflix, NowTV etc then something like an Amazon Fire TV or a Google Chromecast would be a decent and cheap option.

Cool cheers.  I think neither the wife nor I are ready to give up the recording aspect. Does Freesat have Now tv, Netflix and Prime, do you know?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:10:25 »

Cool cheers.  I think neither the wife nor I are ready to give up the recording aspect. Does Freesat have Now tv, Netflix and Prime, do you know?

Unsure on a box. My TV has a freesat connection on the back, just wired the sky dish straight up to it.
Have a fire stick for everything else

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:37:18 »

Get a Humax Freesat recordable box. Just attach your sky dish feeds into it, connect it to the internet and away you go. All for the cost of the new box only.  it's very good and easy to use/set up. Can set to record just like a sky box or can access the on-demand content too. I have this one
  https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-1100s/

Get a separate now TV box/stick for that if you want on demand sky stuff/sports. Doesn't work with bt sport's but there are plenty of ways to get this cheap along with other sports channels if you want to go the IPTV route. I ditched now TV and get my sports that way.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:54:36 by Arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
SKY
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 11:24:03 »

caution if you had skyQ - I think the lnb may need changing back unless they installed a hybrid when they installed

the lnb is the bit the cables go into on the dish
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:07:35 »

caution if you had skyQ - I think the lnb may need changing back unless they installed a hybrid when they installed

the lnb is the bit the cables go into on the dish

No Sky Q, but thanks for the warning.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:08:00 »

Unsure on a box. My TV has a freesat connection on the back, just wired the sky dish straight up to it.
Have a fire stick for everything else

Great, thanks.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 15:08:20 »

Get a Humax Freesat recordable box. Just attach your sky dish feeds into it, connect it to the internet and away you go. All for the cost of the new box only.  it's very good and easy to use/set up. Can set to record just like a sky box or can access the on-demand content too. I have this one
  https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-1100s/

Get a separate now TV box/stick for that if you want on demand sky stuff/sports. Doesn't work with bt sport's but there are plenty of ways to get this cheap along with other sports channels if you want to go the IPTV route. I ditched now TV and get my sports that way.

Cheers, I'll check it out.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 10:31:48 »

Tried to stream the footy on my firestick this weekend but it was pretty shit tbh. Couldn't really get it to play for very long. Anyone use any decent APK's/Good IPTV services for it?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: