Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:12:01 »

just follow the guide in post 5...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 14:12:24 »

Not heard of free before, maybe.

I've had 50% off last year and again this year. Can't guarantee it'll work but its worth a try.

- Make sure "mysky" has the marketing preferences on (https://secure.sky.com/mydetails "opted in to sky marketing")
- Ring up, don't fanny around, go straight to "I wish to leave sky"
- Explain that you love the service but can no longer afford it, you can mention you may go freesat/virgin.

At this point they may suggest downgrading or even offer 20-30% off

-stick to your guns and say its not cheap enough for you. Go ahead and cancel. You have to give 1 months notice so nothing will happen today
- After hanging up call, leave it 10 minutes and log into mysky. You may well have a "stay with sky, 50% off for 12 months" offer right on there. You can use livechat to take up the offer, takes about 15 minutes

If no mysky offer:
- Wait a week or two, you may get a call instead

If no call a few days before sky goes off you can either
- ring up and say you'll change your mind (if they can still give you discount if you were offered one in original call)

OR

- Actually let sky go off and wait a month or so for a postal offer. Note: No Sky+ recording/playback functionality while its off...

Its unlikely, but you may not get an offer even in the post...That's the gamble. Though I'd ring up and see if they could do anything on price even then..
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 14:17:20 »

Do some internet research. If you already have Sky and are out of contract then you can buy a Gemma box that will give you all the channels for £165. A similar box for Virgin customers is £175. You will require a broadband connection for it to update.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 14:30:24 »

guess it depends if you want a legal service or not
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 14:35:41 »

There is a case of that to answer to I agree. However I never understood why the British public continually moan about the cost of things then just roll over and pay it anyway. Sky are launching a new box called Q and yes it does a few extra things but paying £99 a month for the same channels someone's having a laugh!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
SKY
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 14:55:10 »

Agreed sky q is very overpriced for what is admittedly a neat but not a groundbreaking product.

The pricing of sky q is infuriatingly unclear. You can pay £42 a month for just the box+base pack, no movies, no sport. But you have to pay £50 install. And a £99/299 'services fee', and its an 18 month contract. And that does not include the Sky Mini . So you are paying nearly as much as £20 a month more there.. worst case.

I've got no problem with people streaming BTW. They know the risk.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 15:14:05 »

I sleep at night. I've been a Sky or Virgin customer ever since their services launched and have probably paid thousands into their coffers just so they can continuely increase their prices just to keep the cash machine called The Premier League going. There are so many ways to stream or receive the service that the risk is minute imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, February 13, 2016, 15:54:35 »

agreed. I may have a friend who knows someone who streams stuff too Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 08:58:55 »

I've just got a zgemma box. It's quality but I'm under no illusion the service could get cut off any time.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 09:34:19 »

I've just got a zgemma box. It's quality but I'm under no illusion the service could get cut off any time.

What's that?..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 15:14:36 »

Look up Sat Tech UK on Facebook
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #56 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 16:31:54 »

http://www.zgemma.co.uk/zgemma-h.2s

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 17:32:33 »

I'm not very 'techy' so I don't really know what it does..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #58 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 18:02:51 »

I'm not very 'techy' so I don't really know what it does..

It's a satellite and cable decoder. You can watch freeview channels using it legitimately.

I've heard that some people pay other people to get their decryption info, which can be added to such boxes and therefore watch scrambled channels illegitimately.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, February 15, 2016, 18:19:26 »

It's a satellite and cable decoder. You can watch freeview channels using it legitimately.

I've heard that some people pay other people to get their decryption info, which can be added to such boxes and therefore watch scrambled channels illegitimately.

Worked flawlessly for me since 2009 albeit on my second box now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: