Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another new manager thread.  (Read 48404 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 15:07:30 »

Is there actually any point in changing anything at the moment? Amongst all the doom and gloom people seem to be ignoring the fact that over the last 10 games we are 2nd in the form table only behind Burton. 7 wins out of the last 10 is too long a run to just be a 'fluke'. We are clearly good enough to stay in the division if we avoid lots of injuries so just get a few bodies in to see the season through and reevaluate in the summer. The squad isn't as bad as many make out, basically short of one player in defence, one in midfield and probably one up top.

Well you're right that it's players we need, Williams said that our aim still has to be staying up so that shows an encouraging, sense of reality.

Williams seems a decent sort, and I'd rather take a chance on him than some old lag who's been on the merry-go-round.  I do wake at night though thinking about the ease with which we've shipped goals this season, hopefully Saturday isn't  Sofa
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 21:33:17 »

We've probably got enough to stay up.

Is anybody actually shocked at this news.

Meh....

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 21:45:22 »

This division is turd, there isn't a decent side in it. We aren't brilliant but we're getting better, whereas others aren't really. Good time to try out an inexperienced guy.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 22:21:26 »

We've probably got enough to stay up.

Is anybody actually shocked at this news.

Meh....

I don't know why it's taken so long to announce it.  Unless Power did have someone else in mind that wasn't interested?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 22:57:19 »

He said on the phone in that Williams wasn't sure. I would imagine it was a little bit of out of the comfort zone and he could fuck up future prospects, any promotion whatever the job is like that. That's how I read it anyway.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #155 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 10:49:19 »

He's even more of a mandate to lead than Jeremy Corbyn. Poll showing over 65% at the moment which surprised me. Seems like the majority are willing to give him a chance.

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/poll-is-luke-williams-the-right-man-for-the-job/
Panda Paws

« Reply #156 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 11:01:47 »

Absolutely back him 100%. Much rather we give him a chance, and a proper chance at that, than go for a "name" on the merry-go-round. Why can't he be our Karl Robinson or whoever - promising promising coach with a opportunity to really build something.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 12:40:45 »

Didn't Power say if Williams took the job he would bring in a coach to replace him - so maybe we will see an experienced coach brought in to assist
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 13:56:49 »

Didn't Power say if Williams took the job he would bring in a coach to replace him - so maybe we will see an experienced coach brought in to assist

He already has.

Embleton innit
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 19:01:18 »

Well you're right that it's players we need, Williams said that our aim still has to be staying up so that shows an encouraging, sense of reality.

Williams seems a decent sort, and I'd rather take a chance on him than some old lag who's been on the merry-go-round.  I do wake at night though thinking about the ease with which we've shipped goals this season, hopefully Saturday isn't  Sofa
If we go two down early on against the Blades, I can't see them capitulating like Southend and Crewe - more likely to be defeat by 4 or 5.

If (massive 'if') we win, we'll only be 3 points behind the Blades, and as such play-off contenders! Bonkers.

Even though we're closer to the play-offs (points-wise, not places) than the relegation zone, we are a very beatable side, and as such I'm with you Reg - happy that Williams is still mindful of survival.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 19:20:43 »

I feel with us it's like flipping a coin at the minute.

Left side is right.....if we ship early v Blades we are probably looking at a dicking.

We need six or seven wins, I feel we have enough in the tank to get that and the sooner the better.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 19:37:28 »

By my calculation, we'll have one starter... Turnbull, from the side that won 2-1 at Bramall Lane in May. Nathan I supose might get a game at some point, and Michael Smith is still technically our player, Jermaine Hylton played that night.
kerslakeisgod

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 20:37:22 »

What about Kasim ?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 20:44:50 »

What have the romans ever done for us....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 21:11:05 »

What about Kasim ?

Yep. Forgot him.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: