Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burton Albion v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 12573 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 18:51:32 »

Depends what they say really

if you're making a general point about the defeat them fair enough, but it's a bit laughable to discuss the intricacies of the performance if you weren't there.

There's always at least one on BBC Wilts saying stuff like "we're not putting enough pressure on their midfield" or some rubbish you clearly can't tell from listening to whatshisface describe the player's shoes/repeating the score line every 5 seconds

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 19:04:40 »

If only everyone on here had the same philosophy.

clearly bollocks, unless you really think only 909 people are entitled to an opinion
On the individual performances today, then yes.

Even from a few minutes of highlights I don't see how anyone can form a valid opinion on a players performance. If you are basing it on the radio commentary then surely you are just regurgitating someone else's opinion
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 19:35:23 »

On the individual performances today, then yes.

Even from a few minutes of highlights I don't see how anyone can form a valid opinion on a players performance. If you are basing it on the radio commentary then surely you are just regurgitating someone else's opinion
Sam Parkin says it how it is.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 19:44:18 »

Sam Parkin says it how it is.

Maybe so, but it's still HIS opinion
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 20:00:00 »

but only 1 person criticised a player, and I assume they were there.
Flashheart

« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 20:17:59 »

I rely on second hand information to form an opinion. You'd rarely, if ever, find me challenging somebody on how they saw an individual's performance or individual team performance. That would be a silly thing to do.

I still think I'm better informed overall than some who do attend matches though, some are just fucking thick.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 20:18:34 »

Feel very hard done by not getting a point today. Thought we defended very well against a team top of the table and made one mistake, we were punished for it. Turnbull was fantastic up until he didn't put the ball out let Beavon in and made a mistake by giving away the penalty.

First half we played some really good football and would have gone in 1-0 if it wasn't for a fantastic save by their keeper from Obika sliding in at back post.
Second half they limited us and we didn't really create much.

Individually, Vigouroux played his best game in a town shirt. El Abd and Turnbull worked well together. Gladwin was awful and couldn't put a foot right all game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 20:25:30 »

That's our 2 free shots out the way and no bonus points.  A pity but not yet terminal....the defining games are the forthcoming matches against relegation rivals in Jan and Feb. It's a shame that these key games happen around the window, so squad uncertainty,but I don't suppose the likes of Blackpool, ColU, Barnsley, Blackpool, are in a whole lot better shape.

Classic STFC visit to newly arrived from non league club today.....that's the likes of Fleetwood, Oxford, Cheltnum and now Burton where we've yet to win.  Sad
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 22:37:38 »

Played ok today but no cutting edge in final third (again).First half they won every second ball but we passed better than them which annoyed their fans(I was sat with them).Second half they kept the ball better without any real threat .A few observations though -boo when those crossfield passes come towards your player --head the ball away rather than let them control it.Gladwin - that extra touch you sometimes take ( and sometimes it's 2 or 3 or 4 too many) put us in big trouble again ( losing possession in the final 3rd is better than in front of back 4 .Also am amazed at some adver ratings as ajose and Robert were really poor at times . Also Luke Williams does the organising and shouting from the bench as the manager sits or leans at the dugout which I find strange.All in all a bit disappointing really it felt a bit like we wanted a point only when we are more than capable of trying for 3
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 13:33:20 »

Highlights, the save from Obika looks even better than it did in the stadium, amazing save.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 14:25:53 »

Feel very hard done by not getting a point today. Thought we defended very well against a team top of the table and made one mistake, we were punished for it. Turnbull was fantastic up until he didn't put the ball out let Beavon in and made a mistake by giving away the penalty.

First half we played some really good football and would have gone in 1-0 if it wasn't for a fantastic save by their keeper from Obika sliding in at back post.
Second half they limited us and we didn't really create much.

Individually, Vigouroux played his best game in a town shirt. El Abd and Turnbull worked well together. Gladwin was awful and couldn't put a foot right all game.
This pretty much sums it up for me. Their keeper made an incredible stop in the first half and got MOM.

Coming out empty handed felt rough.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 15:43:13 »

Also Luke Williams does the organising and shouting from the bench as the manager sits or leans at the dugout which I find strange.

I noticed that as well, think we've now got the answer  Sad
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 17:02:07 »

Blimey reg and I are in agreement then ! Wishing lingy and his family all the best and if the story is completely true at least he had the sense and admission that he had to make the right decision for his health . Lots of people would just take the money or carry on in denial . Absolute legend more than ever before
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 20:52:41 »

We played fairly well from my point of view- deffo looked good value for a point.

Obika should have put us infront for sure. Sloppy from Turnbull; fucking about with it in the box.. Just clear your lines lad.

910 is impressive and we made some good noise in the second half especially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: