Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Swindon  (Read 5858 times)
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 17:58:37 »

Cheers, I shall use both as they are smashing replies.

Should appear on our site on Friday.
Combe Down

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 20:12:22 »

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?

Nothing exciting really - 24, only been a town fan for about 14 years but it has aged me terribly. I've had a season ticket pretty much ever since I told my Dad that I actually hated going shopping on a Saturday.

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?

Our current in-out model doesn't really allow for any reliable predictions. Our best players were inevitably going to be sold in summer, but they were in essence replacements themselves, which rendered the "will they be adequately replaced?" question a bit of a mystery until kick off. Off the back of last season I don't think anyone knew really what to expect, but I don't think anyone (apart from Reg) expected us to be quite as bad and uninspired as we have been at times. An incredibly long injury list just seemed to keep getting longer, and we've seen far too many first team regulars fresh out of non-league and nappy nights. We've experienced a brief resurgence under Lingy (including the 4-0 at Chesterfield), which has given a bit of optimism, but who knows where we'll go from here now he's gone.

3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position?

I think we'll survive the drop. I would say mid-table, as our performances have shown potential, but with the current upheaval I'm not sure.

4. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?

Ajose is the obvious answer, having scored 9 goals in a weak team. He's also formed quite an impressive partnership with Jon Obika when we've been playing 2 up top, which we have been lately under Ling, but well..

5. What are your thoughts on your manager?

I'll let you know as soon as I find out who he is.

6. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?

We've spent most of our history seemingly being run by rich men, poor men, or crooks, and I think the majority of our fans are still trying to figure out just what combination current owner Lee Power (the great dictator, as some people tediously refer to him as) is made up of. Personally, following the Di Canio era of ridiculous spending, I find it quite refreshing that we're aiming for sustainability, even if he's not so great with the media and is a bit megalomanic. It's like we all went on a massive weekend holiday with coke and champagne and strippers, and it was great, but it's quite nice to just put your slippers on and watch Only Connect for a bit, you know?  

7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?

To be honest, no. Although I did have a dream Louis Dodds scored against us the other day..

8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?

I did. Being relatively early on in the season I'm not sure how much of a reflection it was on either side now, but I think we were the better side and was furious at the time!

9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?

Paynter will of course be unforgettable, not least for his abiliy to go from being Super Billy to Barn Door Billy in such a short space of time. His partnership with Austin, including 3-0 home and away victories vs Leeds where he scored 4 were both highlights for me in a fantastic season.

And Dany N'Guessan, I suppose.. not a bad little player but I think if there was a round on Swindon or Port Vale on "Pointless" you'd be doing well to name him. Sorry Dany.

10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

2-1 - Dodds, Leitch-Smith, Ajose

P.S. My picture would be very similar to Reg's but with tits.
P.P.S Go to bed, it's nearly 2 in the morning!
P.P.P.S. I realise my initial P.S. is probably the reason you're still awake. Make it a kitten or something, I don't mind.

Ells's assumption in P.P.P.S. is that Perm is a heterosexual man or a homosexual woman?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 20:14:35 »

Er, no assumption at all, other than that the idea of Standtler (or Waldorf)? with breasts is an unappealing mental image.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 20:23:52 »

Er, no assumption at all, other than that the idea of Standtler (or Wal :flowers:dorf)? with breasts is an unappealing mental image.

Completely agree. Big Bird on the other hand ....  Flowers
Talk Talk

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 22:59:44 »

Cheers, I shall use both as they are smashing replies.

Ells's assumption in P.P.P.S. is that Perm is a heterosexual man or a homosexual woman?

I think he is like the one on the right? So it could be either...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: