Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23578 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 09:32:20 »

Please don't tell me we're going to have to put up with "the fish" for the foreseeable future

No one thought "chuckles" was amusing either did they?

No offence flash but aren't we suffering enough..

OT, I wasn't there today (which I might have mentioned. Furiously. To everyone.) but I've not seen us have a decent throw in for a long time. Even under our best performances with Cooper, players were never crying out for the ball.
j

I am offended.

Suffering? Getting beat by Gills is no disgrace.

Under the 'previous manager' we were getting beaten like that by shit sides.

I am hopeful we will end up just about where we are now.

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 09:58:00 »

Our goal was class between Obika and Gladwin.

Vigoroux seemed to be beaten fairly easily with the low hard shots (although I'm probably being very harsh).

Not sure why I thought we'd win 4-1 yesterday, got totally carried away on our 4 wins on the spin!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 10:05:33 »

Even until the goal, shit thereafter.

Stupid from Branco, yes Dack should have been off the pitch in the first half, but we can have no compaints over our red..

I love the Dack was arguing/bantering to take the penalty, then had it saved. Brilliant.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 11:13:59 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10110866/swindon-1-3-gillingham

Vigs looks suspect?
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 11:40:36 »

Gillingham probably best team that's come to CG this season. Organised, positive , strong and pacey. Just highlighted the missing pieces in our team and the imbalance. Full back positions are a problem for us. Need NT back as Barry can't defend, thou has improved going forward. Turnball isn't a left back but the left backs we have can't defend. Brophy looks like a winged and one with potential. Rodgers and Kasim are to slow in mind and legs and offer bugger all. Gladwin can be great on the ball but is a passenger off it. Ajose seems to offer nothing in linking play at all. If there are no crosses he may as well sit on a deck chair out there. We lack leaders I think , players who want the ball and want to make something happen. We are overly tippy tappy. Ling says pass with a purpose. But that isn't showing in our play as we are to slow and negative. Feel we need a midfielder who can tackle and get around the pitch, one who goes with runner's. Hopefully we can sign that fox, great pace and would add some bite.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 11:41:09 »

He'll be disappointed with the third. It was hit fairly hard though

I'm more disappointed by the first (too much space), but in particular the second. That looks keepers ball all day long to me - did Vigs shout for it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 11:43:32 »

We haven't really had a good throw in man since Bobby Woodruff

I dunno Sean Morrison had a bit of a throw on him....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 11:48:14 »

I dunno Sean Morrison had a bit of a throw on him....

True, but because he was a centre half not something you could use often and develop....Bobby Woodruff, could get a big old heavy ball, to the back stick, which took a bit of doing, Highworth boy.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 12:01:36 »

Dack's a cheating little cunt. Troare has a very shiny forehead.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 12:35:50 »

We lack leaders I think ,

This is spot on - we need our central midfielders to be dictating games. Rodgers and Kasim are not the men to do this. Robert tries but I sometimes feel he's fighting a losing battle.

We need Jonathan Douglas mark II, just without the cliquey bullshit.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 12:52:47 »

I was in the Town End for a change and was directly behind the goal and Batch, yes, I clearly heard Vigouroux call for the cross on the second goal but Branco went and headed it. The third goal i was opposite end of ground so not the best of views but looking on tv replays it looks like Vigouroux should have saved it.

As good as the front two have been of late, and taking out Obikas goal which was a good finish i didnt think they re great yesterday.

Midfield i think is our biggest problem, i dont think Kasim, Rogers or Traore are good enough and Gladwin is good in spells when we have the ball but a passenger when we havent got it. Although not Louis best game yesterday he was still committed and easily our best midfielder and it worries me if he goes back to Norwich.

January will be a big month on and off the pitch in terms of games/points and what we do in the transfer market
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 13:06:04 »

Rodgers gave up trying to close down Dack for that equaliser. He just stopped running.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 13:16:16 »

Oh and our throw ins are fucking awful

Not easy to take throw ins on a warm day wearing woolly gloves.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 15:30:27 »

Not easy to take throw ins on a warm day wearing woolly gloves.

Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 15:42:53 »

cheers Mr mason, glad he called - guess Branco made his mind up and got it wrong this time
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: