Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23585 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 18:05:50 »

Very poor away showing from a team in nosebleed territory against their biggest enemy.

At least they're consistent.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 18:45:28 »

Very poor away showing from a team in nosebleed territory against their biggest enemy.

Agree. At least it finally puts to bed the notion that there is a "rivalry" here.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 18:48:52 »

The timing of their first goal was most unfortunate. I was sat in the Arkells near the away fans and had barely sat down when their equaliser rolled into the net.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 19:11:01 »

Shit performance for the most part, gillingham are a good side this year and deserve to be up where they are. This result isnt the end of the world and we go again in 2 days time!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 19:52:31 »

The best run made today:

* image.jpg (113.34 KB, 640x480 - viewed 333 times.)

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 20:03:35 »

Haven't read back yet.

Piss poor from the town from the equaliser onwards.

Up to that we were pretty good value.....then house of cards collapse.

Outwitted, out fought, out battled, out ran and out cheated.....we never matched em....better than us and a shit ref added to the frustration but be clear the ref never lost it for us today!

Dack was a crafty cunt and could play a bit and put the boot in....a player we have lacked for three seasons now.....I liked him.

Woeful from Vigs to the front but special mention to Beeks, who fell over every time he got a challenge and my old mate Rodgers who was back to his usual shit after such an improvement recently.

A few floaters turned up today and they won't be coming back.

The Pikeys impressed me, strong, very strong, quick AND put the boot in when it was needed. It was a red card game and unfortunately it us that got it after scape goat Branco was left stranded again.
The only thing that will prevent Gills from steam rollering  teams would be a picky ref, he wasn't today and they took full advantage, cannot blame them at all.

What did The Fish say? I hope he didn't do a Cooper and say we were unlucky or a Cotterill and say the ref cost us the game.

Reality check all round.

Better get padded up for Burton...I might go....

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 20:18:01 »

A few floaters turned up today
In the sense of turds that you can't get rid of? Yep, saw a few of them. None of them turned up in any meaningful sense though
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 20:37:21 »

Dodgy pint Paul?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 21:10:12 »

It seemed like our goal woke Gillingham up, made them a bit angry and they then put us to the sword for having the gall to breach their defence.

No one came out of that well, but I'd like to reserve special criticism for Kasim, who does not look interested or committed at all. I think he's more concerned that his agent gets him a good deal elsewhere, asap.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 22:26:10 »

What did The Fish say? I hope he didn't do a Cooper and say we were unlucky or a Cotterill and say the ref cost us the game.

Said pretty much the same to be fair. Said their 1st completely changed the game. We weren't good enough etc.

As for my opinion, thought we were unlucky to go in at half time 2-1 down. Were never going to win playing into the wind, they harried us superbly second half and were worthy of a 3-1 win. Their RB was the best player I've seen this season and Dack is a crafty but effective prick.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Saturday, December 26, 2015, 22:33:50 »

Oh and our throw ins are fucking awful
deltaincline

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 00:05:52 »

Having not listened to Ling on the radio, I'm assuming El Abd was taken off when we were forced to go with three at the back, purely because of his lack of pace.

Rodgers, Gladwin and Kassim all think they've made it.

They haven't.

As talented as he is, Gladwin will struggle to get a stiffs game when he goes back to QPR. As someone already said, with him, it's more about what he doesn't do without the ball, rather than what he does when he's got it. Until someone sorts that out and he has a road to Damascus moment, he'll remain in the lower leagues.

That said, even playing as he is, we can't afford to lose him for the rest of this season as he'll contribute goals and assists against the mediocre sides.

Rodgers is talented, but has no brains. He'll be gone - possibly sooner than we think.

Kassim. I suspect it wont be long before the crowd turn on him, specially if Rodgers goes. The poor performances are wearing very thin now, but the petulant, can't-be-arsed body language is becoming more and more obvious. The classy, strutting Kassim of old seems a distant memory now. I suspect he'll never recover those halcyon days for us again. I'd fuck him off in January.

Pikeys were a good side. Strong all round, smarter, nastier, wiser, fitter and quicker than us and deserved to win.

I hope Ling is allowed to drag in a few new bodies in the transfer window, because we need freshening up.

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 00:12:41 »

Our throws ins have been awful for ages.

My missus and kids came today.  They were amazed at how bad the refereeing was.

From my point of view they were better than us after we went ahead.  We had 2 other good chances to score before that but failed.

Thing is, and this may sound like sour grapes, but that Dack, good player though he was, was a fucking horrible little cheat.  He got away with kicking Rodgers.  Then running to Branco and pretty much elbowing him in the back.  You could see he was going to do it and you could see his intentions from the moment he lost out on the header.

2 petty petulant off the ball attacks that he got away with and that useless cunt of a ref managed to miss them both.  

There were at least 4 more severe fouls that that ref decided weren't fouls whilst any slight touch by us was penalised.

His performance was so bad I was starting to wander about money having changed hands.

We didnt deserve to win, but there was not a level playing field.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 00:26:38 »

Please don't tell me we're going to have to put up with "the fish" for the foreseeable future

No one thought "chuckles" was amusing either did they?

No offence flash but aren't we suffering enough..

OT, I wasn't there today (which I might have mentioned. Furiously. To everyone.) but I've not seen us have a decent throw in for a long time. Even under our best performances with Cooper, players were never crying out for the ball.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 00:29:01 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 01:41:28 »

OT, I wasn't there today (which I might have mentioned. Furiously. To everyone.) but I've not seen us have a decent throw in for a long time.

We haven't really had a good throw in man since Bobby Woodruff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: