Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23542 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 11:44:14 »

Our style of play, and lack of effective muscle, means we rely on getting proper protection from the referee. This did not happen, and those sitting by me thought the same. It was interesting that neither Ling nor the SA reporter mentioned the appalling refereeing having an effect on the game. Perhaps I misread it then, and there were no nasty spoiling fouls, thumping in to backs, pulling and pushing every time, and Dack kicking Rogers then shoving Branco in retaliation.

ust be the oldest
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #106 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 11:48:51 »

Perhaps Power could write to the FA/FL about it.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 12:13:20 »

Our style of play, and lack of effective muscle, means we rely on getting proper protection from the referee. This did not happen, and those sitting by me thought the same. It was interesting that neither Ling nor the SA reporter mentioned the appalling refereeing having an effect on the game. Perhaps I misread it then, and there were no nasty spoiling fouls, thumping in to backs, pulling and pushing every time, and Dack kicking Rogers then shoving Branco in retaliation.
Whatever happened between Rodgers & Dack the latter should have been sent off for his retaliation. It reminded me of the Wade Elliott incident last season.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 12:24:23 »

So it was the ref's fault we lost the game.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
normy

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 13:20:50 »

So it was the ref's fault we lost the game.

Who knows. A strong ref who punished their consistent foul play would probably have evened up the game .  We get weak poor refs and strong refs, and they can strongly influence the result in my opinion.

ust be the oldest
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 13:33:57 »

Yes a ref can influence a game, but doesn't affect a players shitness. We all know we are shit, so blaming the ref is a poor kop out.

Sounds like Gillingham were better. Dirtier yes, but who came away with the three points. This is league one remember, and sometimes it plays to be dirty. It's a shame we don't have many committed players.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 13:37:08 »

Gladwin and Louis have been key to our recent revival, we may lose them both, possibly El Abd also. So reasons to be worried without necessarily re-booting the panic button yet.
Spoke with El Abd after the match on boxing day. He seems very keen to stay, but says he is waiting for the toen yo decide his future
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 14:41:12 »

and sometimes it plays to be dirty. It's a shame we don't have many committed players.

I don't think we have physically capable players to do that.

Gladwin is 6ft 3, and no word of a lie I've seen my 7 year old put in harder tackles - and he's shy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 15:44:24 »

Which reiterates my point. It's league 1 and some times you need to give as much as you get and not just blame the ref.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 15:55:12 »

I agree with you. But how do you get someone to tackle if they mentally just won't?

I guess you could call that lack of commitment.

Players like Ajose just bounce off.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 16:35:04 »

Players like Ajose just bounce off.

Bullshit.

Ajose doesn't even get close enough to an opposition player to bounce off them.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: