Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loans  (Read 19582 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 4, 2016, 22:04:45 »

I can't see Gladwin or Louis attracting much interest from the Championship. They have had some good performances but have not set League One alight on a consistent basis. They could both do with another 6 months to prove consistency.

Agree, Gladwin was awful at Burton. Thompson has been pretty average last few games IMO, the latter been saved from criticism due to being "one of our own." Still feel it's essential to keep them until end of the season though. 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:32:04 »

El-Abd definitely not coming back then.

His words in an interview with FLIC

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/el-abd-states-there-is-no-possibility-hell-be-returning-to-town/
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:33:40 »

Very strong comments.

If it's a permanent move elsewhere then I'm sure he'd just say it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:37:29 »

Cotteril being a dick I reckon

Things get better but they never get good
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:40:30 »

Cotteril being a dick I reckon
Just about to say something along the same lines. Nothing in that interview hints at it being our reluctance to conclude the deal so can only assume it is something their end.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:43:16 »

Perhaps City have reevaluated his potential value in their relegation struggle, what with Flint not turning out to be the messiah after all.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:49:19 »

I was wondering if he'd fallen out with somebody but his latest interview pretty much puts paid to that. I'm now leaning toward the 'Cotterill being a dick' camp.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 15:56:35 »

It would indicate that Bristol City want him for cover. Which will infuriate their fans as everyone knows that he has zero future at BS3 and will need better cover to stay in The Championship.

Unless they're trying to sell El-Abd and we don't want to and/or can't afford him.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 16:22:26 »

Maybe they're trying to force him out and he's refused to take a pay cut or severance pay on the remainder of his contract. I suspect he's probably signed up to about 5 times what he would likely get here for the next 18months. Can't really blame him if this is the case.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 16:37:54 »

Maybe they're trying to force him out and he's refused to take a pay cut or severance pay on the remainder of his contract. I suspect he's probably signed up to about 5 times what he would likely get here for the next 18months. Can't really blame him if this is the case.
This.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 16:37:57 »

It would indicate that Bristol City want him for cover. Which will infuriate their fans as everyone knows that he has zero future at BS3 and will need better cover to stay in The Championship.

Unless they're trying to sell El-Abd and we don't want to and/or can't afford him.

I was talking to a City fan at work before Christmas, and he was convinced that they wanted El-Abd off the wage bill. They certainly don't want him.

I'm in the 'Cotterill being a dick' camp...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Flashheart

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 16:45:01 »

According to the man himself, money has nothing to do with it.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 16:48:14 »

I took that as being Swindon money has nothing to do with it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 20:05:39 »

My immediate thought was City have sold him to someone who have yet to announce. Only because it was so definite in nature.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2016, 20:36:15 »

My immediate thought was City have sold him to someone who have yet to announce. Only because it was so definite in nature.
Would be very disappointing if he went to anybody else in this div tbh.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: