Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 20243 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 12:57:19 »

Why does everyone hate it when players in wear gloves? One less thing to distract you when you're playing
Why they cannot just put their hands down their shorts like we did when we used to play I just don't understand.
REDBUCK

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 12:57:55 »

Why does everyone hate it when players in wear gloves? One less thing to distract you when you're playing

if you get distracted by cold hands as a professional footballer you're in the wrong sport
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 14:31:26 »

if you get distracted by cold hands as a professional footballer you're in the wrong sport

Especially when it's really not cold...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 17:56:29 »

So why is it acceptable to wear long sleeve shirts/underlayers but not gloves? Maybe it's just my age and I've grown up as it being acceptable

Plus heat leaves your hands easier than it leaves your arms.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 19:28:56 »

Any footballer wearing gloves should be shot.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
REDBUCK

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, December 20, 2015, 20:33:29 »

So why is it acceptable to wear long sleeve shirts/underlayers but not gloves? Maybe it's just my age and I've grown up as it being acceptable

Plus heat leaves your hands easier than it leaves your arms.

long sleeves are part of the standard kit, underlayers belong with carpets and not on adult footballers and gloves just unnecessary.

As for losing heat through your hands It's a slightly chilly day in Oldham not the Antarctic circle.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 08:13:52 »

If Dave Brailsford was a football manager and his players preferred to wear gloves, we'd call it marginal gains - or one of Clive Woodward's 1% 'ers. I'm far more upset by a misplaced pass than a player wearing gloves.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 10:08:29 »

If Dave Brailsford was a football manager and his players preferred to wear gloves, we'd call it marginal gains - or one of Clive Woodward's 1% 'ers. I'm far more upset by a misplaced pass than a player wearing gloves.

Storm in a T-Cup for Woodward.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 10:12:45 »

It's all part of the testosterone driven neanderthal macho bullshit that unfortunately still surrounds football. "Real men don't wear gloves". Fuck off. I don't give a fuck what he wears as long as he puts in a decent shift.

Amir

« Reply #99 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 10:20:12 »

The only footballer that's bothered me with his glove wearing, was Zaaboub!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 10:22:15 »

It's all part of the testosterone driven neanderthal macho bullshit that unfortunately still surrounds football. "Real men don't wear gloves". Fuck off. I don't give a fuck what he wears as long as he puts in a decent shift.

You'd be happy with our boys wearing Keith Weller 70's retro style tights then?

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 11:13:28 »

He could wear a tutu and a tiara for all I care. If he's playing well I won't give a shit!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 12:03:17 »

He could wear a tutu and a tiara for all I care. If he's playing well I won't give a shit!

What happens if he's wearing a tiara and a tutu, and is stil shit. Would it be fair to associate poverty of performance with incipient transvesticism?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 13:42:09 »

On the subject of gloves what I didn't get was Zaboub used to wear them in the spring but was quite happy going out in town in just a t-shirt. Strange cunt.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, December 21, 2015, 13:45:07 »

What happens if he's wearing a tiara and a tutu, and is stil shit. Would it be fair to associate poverty of performance with incipient transvesticism?

It depends. What if the tiara and tutu are part of next seasons Puma range?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: