Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Declan Lehmann  (Read 12009 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 15:07:59 »

I've just found out one of our youngsters is currently battling cancer. Steve Hale has been very supportive of him on Twitter & Instagram etc. Even Fodders has sent him a signed Rangers shirt with a 'get well' message.

It'd be awesome for the Swindon faithful to to get a song going on Boxing Day at home as he's in attendance.

Would any of the regular song-starters in the Town End be able to get one going? Or if you know anyone that might be able to help, it'd be a nice thing to do. Good to show support to the lad.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 19:48:53 »

What if the lad doesn't want the attention and may be embarrassed by it?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 20:07:22 »

What type of cancer does he have?
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 20:10:30 »

I'm with Arriba. The sentiment may be well intended, but it's a very, very personal matter.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 20:38:44 »

Yeah I agree, well intentioned, but something a little less public eye would be appropriate
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 21:17:23 »

I can understand that.

But it wouldn't be anything related to his tragic illness. It could be just about how he's one of our own? Just shows we do notice him even though he's not in the senior squad. Community club n all that. In it together.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 21:33:38 »

Has it been formally announced by the club?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, December 18, 2015, 21:46:23 »

I can understand that.

But it wouldn't be anything related to his tragic illness. It could be just about how he's one of our own? Just shows we do notice him even though he's not in the senior squad. Community club n all that. In it together.
Noble sentiments. But the misgivings still apply. Don't imagine anyone thought for one second that you were furiously trying to construct a chant that rhymed cancer somehow, but whether you reference the illness or not, the lad may appreciate the sentiment or may not welcome the attention. Best find out first.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 08:13:40 »

I can understand that.

One of our own?

Would you recognise him if he walked past you in he street?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 08:26:53 »

I know a bit about this as he's a friend of my daughter and I know his dad. It's still early days as he's not long been diagnosed. We should let the family do what they want and butt out.
I'm sure the club will do what is right by them so it's not for a fans group to do anything anyway.
Not yet at least.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 08:54:35 »

I know a bit about this as he's a friend of my daughter and I know his dad. It's still early days as he's not long been diagnosed. We should let the family do what they want and butt out.
I'm sure the club will do what is right by them so it's not for a fans group to do anything anyway.
Not yet at least.

Indeed
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 12:55:15 »

That's fair enough. I've spoken to a few of his mates and they think he'd love the fans singing his name cause he's Swindon Town through and through.

But I understand that.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 13:00:06 »

One of our own?

Would you recognise him if he walked past you in he street?

No, but I wouldn't recognise half the people we hold minute's applauded or silences for. He's a Swindon Town youngster and it could be nice for him to hear we notice what happens to all our players regardless of age.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 13:20:08 »

Why not a chant of "Declan, Declan give us a wave" then he can choose to like it or lump it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, December 19, 2015, 13:30:40 »

No, but I wouldn't recognise half the people we hold minute's applauded or silences for. He's a Swindon Town youngster and it could be nice for him to hear we notice what happens to all our players regardless of age.

Is he at the shrewsbury game then?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: