Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xbox One or PS4?  (Read 6553 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 15:57:34 »

Decided to treat myself to a games console for Christmas. Had both Xbox 360 and PS3 in the past. Games are lost on me as I'm only interested in playing FIFA. My question is quite simply which of the 2 consoles are better for this game? Not interested in techies telling me one is better than other because of techno babble!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 16:10:47 »

PC.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 16:27:00 »

Ps4
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 16:35:20 »

Decided to treat myself to a games console for Christmas. Had both Xbox 360 and PS3 in the past. Games are lost on me as I'm only interested in playing FIFA. My question is quite simply which of the 2 consoles are better for this game? Not interested in techies telling me one is better than other because of techno babble!

It's down to personal preference. Try both pads and get the one that feels nicest in your hands.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 16:37:05 »

It's down to personal preference. Try both pads and get the one that feels nicest in your hands.

It was this method that got me banned from Lava Lounge.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 18:20:11 »

Xbox 360 games are transferrable from 360-One now, not many good ones yet but inevitable big games will be able to be soon
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:10:52 »

Both the same really. You wont see any difference in game play or graphics for each one. As said its down to your personal preference on controller. For me personally i prefer the PS4.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:26:25 »

PS4

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:40:21 »

If you're going to be playing online at all, be aware Sony's effort is free but not very good, whereas Xbox Live is apparently far greater but costs £30ish a year.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:53:22 »

If you're going to be playing online at all, be aware Sony's effort is free but not very good, whereas Xbox Live is apparently far greater but costs £30ish a year.

It isn't free for ps4
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 20:11:54 »

Same price as Xbox now although the service has improved.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 08:53:05 »

I stand corrected. I'm a PC gamer, consoles are for peasants.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 15:55:28 »

I have a PC rig, but I bought a PS4 recently due to wanting to sit on the sofa and play games not at my desk. The UX feels nicer so it's easier to use, it's cheaper (I think depending on what package you get).

A perk of the PS4 is that the controllers can be charged off the PS4 directly, so you don't need to keep buying batteries.

PSN is about £34.99 a year, but the service has improved greatly compared to the PS3 online service.

Basically, it comes down to your personal preference on the controllers and what sort of console-exclusives you're looking for. I haven't seen any Xbox one exclusives that make me say "I need this!" but PS4 has The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 etc. But if you're just playing  FIFA then that doesn't matter.

Another perk of the PS4 is the ability to plug in any headset/headphones without needing an adapter but I could be wrong.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 16:28:20 »

No you are correct on the last point, well I use a USB wireless set on it anyway

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 02:11:04 »

I've played both and the PS4 version of FIFA feels a bit more fluid to me.

In terms of FIFA perks the Xbox does have the legends available if you are planning on playing ultimate team on it, although unless you have man hours to burn and a fetish for endlessly trading then that won't mean a great deal anyway.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: