Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Phone-in  (Read 24225 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #75 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:18:10 »

unless he's used club funds to do so

<splutters into cup of tea> Erm, what funds? But then it belongs to the club?

or is charging an extortionate rent.  I don't think this is likely, but transparency isn't a bad thing .

Then that would be self defeating as the higher overheads for the club would erode any operating profit he might make. Or turn it into a (funded by him) loss?

Transparency isn't a bad thing, but it's his money and his business.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:22:00 »

In answer to question 1 - I wonder whether it is owned by SALUBRITAS ET INDUSTRIA LIMITED - Company number 09897543 incorporated on 1st December - sole director a Mr L Power? Blue touch paper lit, I will now retreat a short distance and watch the following conspiracy theory shit storm  Girl Giggle?

Or actually could be the amusingly titled POWER GENEVA LTD (company No: 09780370) incorporated 15th September 2015.

Registered at the County Ground - Directors Mr S Anderson and Deborah Louise Carney (any ideas?), Mr L Power resigned at a director on 10th November?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:28:36 »

you make assumptions that the club doesn't have the funds, but it could have generated them by player sales and wage bill slashing.

technically that player sale money could be owed to Power as a ROI mind.

even I don't beleive this and so I find myself arguing for no reason..

said it before, we'll never triely know until power up sticks. which is what happened with the 'open era' of  black really - all rosy until one day...
Talk Talk

« Reply #78 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:39:00 »

The A Ground, had a small stand, floodlights and changing facilities....a great shame, that no-one (including myself) had the foresight to see that Thatcher would sell it of for housing and evict the club.

Curious. I didn't know that Maggie had hung on in power until 1997?

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/1121200.signals_at_stop_for_rail_sports_ground/

DDCS bought the site from British Rail in 1997 for £625,000, and since then Mr Slattery has submitted plans to rejuvenate sites such as the Cross Link centre and St Marks Recreation ground.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:45:42 »

Curious. I didn't know that Maggie had hung on in power until 1997?

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/1121200.signals_at_stop_for_rail_sports_ground/

Different site, that particular piece of SBC butchery is another story.
Talk Talk

« Reply #80 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:51:56 »

Different site, that particular piece of SBC butchery is another story.

Ah ok Reg, I didn't know that. Where was it then?

Skinny Pete

« Reply #81 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:56:27 »

you make assumptions that the club doesn't have the funds, but it could have generated them by player sales and wage bill slashing.

technically that player sale money could be owed to Power as a ROI mind.

even I don't beleive this and so I find myself arguing for no reason..

said it before, we'll
 never triely know until power up sticks. which is what happened with the 'open era' of  black really - all rosy until one day...
I do struggle to understand why raising concerns gets people's hackles up. It's really 2 sides of the same coin.

You either take Power at face value and that things are - relatively - rosy until it transpires they are not, or

You have concerns Power's lack of transparency is worrying until it transpires it is not.

Getting slagged as a serial moaner is as annoying as it would be if those who hold the 'rosy' attitude are constantly referred to as happy clappers.

If there is no room on here for different perspectives what is the point of it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:08:47 »

Ah ok Reg, I didn't know that. Where was it then?

Along Shrivenham Road, towards Stratton past Wills Ave  and Copse Ave, then take that turn on the left. It was boundary between Swindon and Stratton. You had Martin Lynshaw's Boundary Works, where they made stadium seats, later a tyre sales place, then through the gates to A Ground, it was on a scrubby bit of land next to the railway....not exactly prime real estate or so it seemed.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:20:42 »

I think, Mr. Audrey, you are just as guilty for slating people having an opinion. For example, my opinion is that you are a whingy bastard (which you are). I'm just as entitled to think you're a whingy bastard as you are to have your whingy bastard opinions. I have accepted, however, that you are probably an old git and that one day I will be a whingy old git bastard too. And thus the cycle of old git whingy bastards will continue.

I just hope Swindon are slightly better when it's my turn to grumble about them.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #84 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:38:31 »

Therein lies the problem.

For some reason you have to resort to abuse yet I don't recall calling you a happy clapping bastard.

You stated in an earlier post that the club now own a training ground - we do not know if they do or who does and whether the deal is a good one for the club.

Also you stated the club is debt free - we do not know this to be true either as there are no published accounts to prove or disprove it.

That's what pisses me off - people making statements as facts when they patently are not.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:48:20 »

Therein lies the problem.

For some reason you have to resort to abuse yet I don't recall calling you a happy clapping bastard.

You stated in an earlier post that the club now own a training ground - we do not know if they do or who does and whether the deal is a good one for the club.

Also you stated the club is debt free - we do not know this to be true either as there are no published accounts to prove or disprove it.

That's what pisses me off - people making statements as facts when they patently are not.

I believe the rule on here is that anything is a fact as long as the author writes FACT after the post!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:56:01 »

I believe the rule on here is that anything is a fact as long as the author writes FACT after the post!

I thought the rule was nothing is a fact unless Ironside decrees it to be.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 17:12:30 »

I thought the rule was nothing is a fact unless Ironside decrees it to be.

And its not a fact if Chang decrees it to be.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #88 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 17:24:11 »

Ah, I stand erected. My concerns are, therefore, now deemed erroneous.

Probably time for me to call it a day.

Hope you all have  a good Xmas and you and yours keep safe in the coming year.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #89 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 17:29:16 »

hahahahahaha who wins the sweepstake?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: