Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans Phone-in  (Read 24229 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 10:18:19 »

We have a transfer window approaching, that might just push him over the edge.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 10:44:12 »

Or Crispy's slippers. That's a disturbing one but probably merits further debate...
Or slippery crisps...

Chin-up, it's Saturday and there's a football match to attend. Although, from what some have said, it could all end up a bit 'Day of the Triffids' due to the new bulbs.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 19:35:13 »

Zzz yawn!

He has a point though..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Talk Talk

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, December 13, 2015, 21:28:58 »

Just listened, seemed a fair enough hour to me. Quite enjoyed it.

Likewise Batch, just had the hour. I have to say Mr Ling is a lot more interesting to listen to than Mr Cooper, although I still think Cooper did quite well except towards the end.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 00:43:01 »

He has a point though..
About what exalt though? He just moans for the sake of moaning, the topic he started last week about the press stance (I won't call it a ban because there isn't a ban) is a case in point.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 12:53:48 »

About what exalt though? He just moans for the sake of moaning, the topic he started last week about the press stance (I won't call it a ban because there isn't a ban) is a case in point.

About the fact that unless you listen to BBC Swindon you wouldn't have necessarily known that there was a phone in going on as it wasn't reported anywhere, so the lack of callers/listeners will likely be diminished.  So his point on this was valid, not even many on here listened live as they either didn't know or forgot about it.

The fact that you lot are using this post to have a bleat about him being negative about everything is neither here nor there, I couldn't care less if he wants to be negative or you want to be positive, that's what forums are for.  His point in that post though was a valid one..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 13:55:52 »

I'd like Power to provide more information on a few things:

Is the training ground to be owned by STFC ? if not then who owns it and what are the terms of the lease ?

When will a full set of accounts be released ?

Can the job role of the new sporting director be explained what is he responsible for ?

We have employed a new chief scout what exactly is his role within the club - i.e is it his responsibility to identify transfer targets or just check out opposition and report back ?

With the staff increase recently and the club being reported by yourself to have been breaking even and then the wage budget increased to allows us to sign Ajose & Thomas are we now making a loss by employing extra staff (coach, scout & director) and signing players with better wages ?

Are there any plans to use the money from Nigel Eady ?

Will you be looking at plans to redevelop the CG ?

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:09:35 »

Is the training ground to be owned by STFC ? if not then who owns it and what are the terms of the lease ?

Can the job role of the new sporting director be explained what is he responsible for ?

We have employed a new chief scout what exactly is his role within the club - i.e is it his responsibility to identify transfer targets or just check out opposition and report back ?

With the staff increase recently and the club being reported by yourself to have been breaking even and then the wage budget increased to allows us to sign Ajose & Thomas are we now making a loss by employing extra staff (coach, scout & director) and signing players with better wages ?

You should suggest they arrange a phone-in.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:34:32 »

Are the new flood light bulbs to be owned by STFC ? if not then who owns them and what are the terms of the lease ?

When will a full set of Christmas merchandise be released ?

Can the job role of the new tea lady be explained what is she responsible for ?

We have employed a new car park attendant what exactly is his role within the club - i.e is it his responsibility to identify badly parked cars or just check out parking spaces and report back ?

Does spending more money mean you have less money than before you had money?

Even though developments on this have been widely reported, are there any plans to use the money from Nigel Eady ?

Even though you've answered this question several times, will you be looking at plans to redevelop the CG ?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:36:42 »

Are the new flood light bulbs to be owned by STFC ? if not then who owns them and what are the terms of the lease ?

When will a full set of Christmas merchandise be released ?

Can the job role of the new tea lady be explained what is she responsible for ?

We have employed a new car park attendant what exactly is his role within the club - i.e is it his responsibility to identify badly parked cars or just check out parking spaces and report back ?

Does spending more money mean you have less money than before you had money?

Even though developments on this have been widely reported, are there any plans to use the money from Nigel Eady ?

Even though you've answered this question several times, will you be looking at plans to redevelop the CG ?

If you're not even going to bother with a Miles Storey question...
Talk Talk

« Reply #70 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:43:18 »

What is this continuing obsession that a lot of supporters have with the training ground ownership? Why does it matter? I find it surprising when we don't even own the CG land. It's a good investment for whoever has paid for it, land always will be, so do I care if that's Lee Power, the club, Don Rogers or from Sir Seton Wills's loose change? No.

Reg will correct me if I'm wrong but has the club ever owned a training ground? Not Foxhills, not Calne, didn't we used to train on the Wills sports grounds and the other ones along Shrivvy Road that used to be there?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:03:49 »

what's wrong with the same person that owns the club owning the training facilities?

probably nothing in all honesty.

unless he's used club funds to do so, or is charging an extortionate rent.  I don't think this is likely, but transparency isn't a bad thing .
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:08:45 »

About the fact that unless you listen to BBC Swindon you wouldn't have necessarily known that there was a phone in going on as it wasn't reported anywhere, so the lack of callers/listeners will likely be diminished.  So his point on this was valid, not even many on here listened live as they either didn't know or forgot about it.

The fact that you lot are using this post to have a bleat about him being negative about everything is neither here nor there, I couldn't care less if he wants to be negative or you want to be positive, that's what forums are for.  His point in that post though was a valid one..

But where would it ever have been advertised, media outlets don't tend to advertise others content?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:11:33 »

What is this continuing obsession that a lot of supporters have with the training ground ownership? Why does it matter? I find it surprising when we don't even own the CG land. It's a good investment for whoever has paid for it, land always will be, so do I care if that's Lee Power, the club, Don Rogers or from Sir Seton Wills's loose change? No.

Reg will correct me if I'm wrong but has the club ever owned a training ground? Not Foxhills, not Calne, didn't we used to train on the Wills sports grounds and the other ones along Shrivvy Road that used to be there?

Correct we've never "owned" a training ground. In the same way we've never owned the CG. The nearest was a similar arrangement as that with SBC, with BR for the A Ground. Namely the structures built on it were the clubs, but the land rented.

The A Ground, had a small stand, floodlights and changing facilities....a great shame, that no-one (including myself) had the foresight to see that Thatcher would sell it of for housing and evict the club.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 15:15:13 »

In answer to question 1 - I wonder whether it is owned by SALUBRITAS ET INDUSTRIA LIMITED - Company number 09897543 incorporated on 1st December - sole director a Mr L Power? Blue touch paper lit, I will now retreat a short distance and watch the following conspiracy theory shit storm  Girl Giggle?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: