Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: U2's Bono  (Read 21430 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 00:22:40 »

well..

- egregious campaigns to support the poor while he's a known tax evader
- the fact he seems to want to get involved in everything that's nothing to do with him
- the fact he's in U2, who are shit, and keeps trying to style himself as a "rockstar" despite the fact he's in a group with a guy who calls himself the edge

I have a hard time believing people don't think he's a cockwomble

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 06:43:35 »

U2 were great, okay they're getting a little passed their sell by date now but there's no doubting their talent.

Bono' political stance again were very admirable but now a little repetitive and stale.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 11:17:16 »

U2 were great, okay they're getting a little passed their sell by date now but there's no doubting their talent.

Bono' political stance again were very admirable but now a little repetitive and stale.

How do you change your politics though if that's what you believe Smiley I'd also add to the tax dodging comment, being an Irish citizen do you mean he dodges taxes here ells?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 11:39:29 »

Not sure what his 'political stance' is though he appears to be a typical bien pensant, tailor made for the modern social media generation.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 12:52:57 »

Not sure what his 'political stance' is though he appears to be a typical bien pensant, tailor made for the modern social media generation.

I take it by bien pensant, you mean neocon, namely pro small state, pro mass immigratation, pro limited taxation and the projection of military power, to drive the engine of hegemony of the ruling elite?
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 13:33:41 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 13:09:00 »

Used to work with a girl who was a stewardess for Virgin Atlantic Business Class who had Bono and his family on a flight about fifteen years ago. Sadly he was really nice, had time for anyone who talk to anyone, signed countless autographs and was polite to all the staff. He also started serving drinks to passengers on the flight and was charming..

Robbie Williams on the other hand was an utter cunt..
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 13:22:41 »

I take it by bien pensant, you mean neocon, namely pro small state, pro mass imigrtation, pro limited taxation and the projection of military power, to drive the engine of hegemony of ther ruling elite?

I mean in this context as someone who accepts and/or espouses a fashionable idea after it has been established and maintains it without a great amount of critical thought.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 13:25:14 »

Have I just walked into a narration of Geoffrey Chaucer.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 13:30:39 »

I mean in this context as someone who accepts and/or espouses a fashionable idea after it has been established and maintains it without a great amount of critical thought.

So what I said then...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 14:08:52 »

Have I just walked into a narration of Geoffrey Chaucer.

Either that or there are some bigheads who are showing what google/Wikipedia can do. My money's on the latter.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 14:16:28 »

This place gets fucking worse.

Wordy bollocks in extremis
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 10, 2015, 20:16:04 »

Either that or there are some bigheads who are showing what google/Wikipedia can do. My money's on the latter.
In my case it came from an article in The Independent ages ago about Europe but stuck in my mind as it seemed particularly apt at the time as all the refugee bollocks was kicking off at the time on Facebook.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 00:42:08 »

I've actually read a book on the man and his propensity towards egregiousness but you can find some interesting things online yes (e.g. http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1026589.shtml) though I find facts more interesting, like the fact that in 2006 u2 transferred the company that handles its publishing royalties to the Netherlands to reduce the tax bill. While the man himself (still wearing his mum's cataract glasses) declares how great and beneficial Ireland's tax policies are.

And I still think their music is terrible. Their free virus album sounded pretty similar to the rest of their dirge to me, mostly pretentious and/or banal noise that by chance happens on a slightly catchy riff occasionally. And don't get me started on the lyrics.

..just my opinion though of course!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 10:01:29 »

Everything after Achtung Baby was crap I grant you.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 10:04:14 »

Everything after Achtung Baby was crap I grant you.

Everything after The Joshua Tree has been poor!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: