Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seamus Brady  (Read 22465 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:10:08 »

That's exactly why I asked. Good news if nobody has gone then.. well, maybe not for the academy but we'll see Smiley
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:42:20 »

http://www.eastleighfc.com/ray-murphy-departs/
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:45:13 »

I saw that earlier and forgot to post it.

What does a club secretary do? Organise stuff?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 19:57:03 »

I saw that earlier and forgot to post it.

What does a club secretary do? Organise stuff?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_%282002_film%29?wprov=sfla1
Panda Paws

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 20:03:58 »

Club Sec is one of the most demanding jobs in the club.

Re Brady - was Jeremy "Nutty" Newton head of the academy?

EDIT - Nutty is still there, as academy manager.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 20:20:33 »

Now appointed Academy Director.

Has he actually done anything of note in the time he has been here?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/brady-takes-up-academy-director-role/
Wouldn't recognise him  - or this guy Anderson - if they sat next to me in the DRS!!  Anonymous people who are well paid for being so!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 20:21:39 »

So who was the incumbent STFC club secretary before the incoming Ray Murphy?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 20:26:29 »

Wouldn't recognise him  - or this guy Anderson - if they sat next to me in the DRS!!  Anonymous people who are well paid for being so!
What are they paid then?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 20:31:13 »

ooooh, a proper Club Secretary, have we had one of those since the 90's?  reg will now list them all.

They have a very important role to play in using the FL & FA fax machines that still seem to be in use on transfer deadline days, they also ensure proper player registrations and look after the suspensions etc. as I remember them.  make sure the club ticks all the boxes properly and follows the rules and regulations.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 21:09:42 »

ooooh, a proper Club Secretary, have we had one of those since the 90's?  reg will now list them all.

They have a very important role to play in using the FL & FA fax machines that still seem to be in use on transfer deadline days, they also ensure proper player registrations and look after the suspensions etc. as I remember them.  make sure the club ticks all the boxes properly and follows the rules and regulations.

It was around the turn of the century, with the first Admin, and Diamond Mike etc, that it became as clear as mud what was going on in the background at STFC admin (with a small a) wise. This would be partly caused by the present trend of giving people stupid names for jobs... eg was Sandy Gray the secretary, or Mike Squires?

Essentially it's been a revolving door, long gone are the days when everyone would know Ron Morse or Bob Jefferies. I seem to recall at some point there was a young lass called Lisa something or other, who you'd have thought a receptionist, who seemed to be in charge. Ron Morse did 33 years, some of recent lot more like 33 days.

I once saw Dave King, out at the Tunnel House, Coates. I'd pedalled out there for lunchtime beers, it was the height of the illegal payments scandal... I think he was hiding for fear of fan retribution.

I said earlier that the way the club is run is Div 4 upper Conference at best, so a fella from Eastleigh should do just fine.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 21:59:21 »

It was around the turn of the century, with the first Admin, and Diamond Mike etc, that it became as clear as mud what was going on in the background at STFC admin (with a small a) wise. This would be partly caused by the present trend of giving people stupid names for jobs... eg was Sandy Gray the secretary, or Mike Squires?

Essentially it's been a revolving door, long gone are the days when everyone would know Ron Morse or Bob Jefferies. I seem to recall at some point there was a young lass called Lisa something or other, who you'd have thought a receptionist, who seemed to be in charge. Ron Morse did 33 years, some of recent lot more like 33 days.

I once saw Dave King, out at the Tunnel House, Coates. I'd pedalled out there for lunchtime beers, it was the height of the illegal payments scandal... I think he was hiding for fear of fan retribution.

I said earlier that the way the club is run is Div 4 upper Conference at best, so a fella from Eastleigh should do just fine.

Your knowledge of admin structures and club management at all lower league clubs is incredible and must be applauded.
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 03:21:04 »

Your knowledge of admin structures and club management at all lower league clubs is incredible and must be applauded.

Maybe it stems from his in-depth knowledge of how STFC operates. He seems to know every detail about that as well.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 05:40:47 »

Jefferies turnstile was legendary
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 09:09:42 »

Jefferies turnstile was legendary

As in, one for you, one for me?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 09:12:41 »

As in, one for you, one for me?