Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loan signings  (Read 5820 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 11:59:09 »

I agree to a point, but aren't you undermining your own previous point about Byrne looking no great shakes when he was here on loan? He went for seven figures.

The two Liverpool outfield lads showed a bit before they were injured, and we know Turnbull can look very good in a more settled defensive setup.
I suppose, but Thomas and El Abd have both been first teamers elsewhere so I presume whatever potential they have has already been realised.

As an aside,  did I read somewhere that Smith's loan to Barnsley was structured so that it led to a permanent signing in January - whether they still want him or not?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:00:42 »

Rhyming slang?

Purely unintentional. I'm happy to call a cunt a cunt.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:02:42 »

I suppose, but Thomas and El Abd have both been first teamers elsewhere so I presume whatever potential they have has already been realised.

As an aside,  did I read somewhere that Smith's loan to Barnsley was structured so that it led to a permanent signing in January - whether they still want him or not?

Thomas and El Abd are clearly outside of our 'usual' plan though- they're short term players brought in to fill a specific gap - not unlike Ricketts last season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:12:37 »

You may be right that it has in these two particular cases, but it's a very dodgy assumption - football history is littered with players who've not impressed in one set-up, first team or not, and gone on to be stars elsewhere.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:24:31 »

You may be right that it has in these two particular cases, but it's a very dodgy assumption - football history is littered with players who've not impressed in one set-up, first team or not, and gone on to be stars elsewhere.

A classic example being Bradshaw on Tuesday, scored something like 5 goals in 50 odd games for the Shrews in Div 3. Goes to Walsall on a free and 20 in 37, last season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:30:31 »

A classic example being Bradshaw on Tuesday, scored something like 5 goals in 50 odd games for the Shrews in Div 3. Goes to Walsall on a free and 20 in 37, last season.

Or indeed SSP. Why did Northampton let him go? (4 in 40 for them).
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 18:07:59 »

Think Gladwin should be the loan player dropped on Saturday. Need as much energy and industry as possible away from home. Would be interested to see something like this, now we're forced into 4 at the back:

Vigouroux

Barry     El-Abd     Turnbull     Brophy

L. Thompson    Traore      Robert

Thomas     Ajose     Obika

Stay deep and compact in defense and midfield, midfield 3 primarily working to break up play (with the odd burst forward from Louis and Robert), but mostly, long-balls in behind for the pacy front three to run onto whenever possible.

Never thought I'd be advocating for long-ball football, but away from home, think passing is suicide with available players/ lack of confidence at the moment.
SuperBosnian

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 19:26:51 »

Gladwin should be the loanee to miss out this weekend, waste of space. Had we not persisted with a midfield 3 of Kasim, Rodgers and Gladwin for so long perhaps we wouldn't be struggling so much.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 19:29:29 »

Thompson may stay a bit longer, but they had to convert his youth loan to a standard loan today - as the emergency loan window slams shut.

Gladwin's current deal expires after Saturday, and Ling expects QPR will have a new manager in by the time we need to extend- so will have to suck it and see.

No doubt in twitterland this is old news and already out of date!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 22:11:26 »

Im not overly fussed on Glsdwin tbh. He hasnt been great since he has come back

I guess making El-Abd and Thomas permanent in Jan would change the loan outlook a fair bit.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 22:18:45 »

Im not overly fussed on Glsdwin tbh. He hasnt been great since he has come back

I guess making El-Abd and Thomas permanent in Jan would change the loan outlook a fair bit.

Not bad in that number 10 role, but no better than what we have in Robert IMO.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
SuperBosnian

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 22:22:54 »

What has Robert got to do to get a start? Been impressed with him every time he's played, I can't be the only one who's scratching his head.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 22:42:01 »

What has Robert got to do to get a start? Been impressed with him every time he's played, I can't be the only one who's scratching his head.
I'm pretty sure you are. Why would anyone want to scratch Robert's head? That's just weird.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: