Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 40511 times)
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 14:22:00 »

Having watched ten minutes of highlights I also thought we started ok 1st goal was unfortunate 2nd never a penalty 3rd Kasim chickened out of the tackle which he should have won 4th Vigouroux had it covered until it deflected off of Turnbull 5th good goal.
We had good chances prior to them scoring which we failed to take and had a couple of other chances later on . When your confidence is low and you lose goals like 1st and2nd it does not help.
Like others have said we need press opposition more and the Midfield needs sorting

ome on you reds
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 15:04:56 »

Up until now I was still optimistic we'd get out of trouble easily but it smells like relegation now.

I look at clubs like Luton Bristol Rovers and Oxford and I can see us falling out of the league like them.

There's a real stench about us at the moment

It's a bit early to be writing off next season just yet....Div 4 is an easier league as only 2 down, as regards Luton, don't think they'd have gone but for a massive points deduction.

Yes Oxford and more so Rovers, are a warning that you can't take anything for granted, and when you slide it can have it's own momentum....look at Yeovil.

Our 3 previous promos out of Div 4, all came about because money was thrown at it...after financial restraint had got us into the shit.

We'll need to see what Power will do...but all the evidence points to a continuation of the model of austerity.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 15:05:08 »

Notice you didn't quote the bit of my post saying I was optimistic of staying up before Fleetwood.

If you would would like to quote any of my previous posts regarding this season where I was dooming and glooming please do so.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up
You've just proved my point. You've gone from thinking we'll stay up to talking about falling into non-league after one match. Overdramatic no?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 15:07:04 »

OKay.  Just back from a lovely weekend away in that London.  It was nil nil when I lost signal on the radiogram. 

Anything interesting happen?

Never knowingly overstated.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #289 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 15:12:06 »

You've just proved my point. You've gone from thinking we'll stay up to talking about falling into non-league after one match. Overdramatic no?

My point, regarding the 3 clubs I mentioned, was that I'd imagine the clubs and their fans couldn't contemplate falling out of the football league. We are a similar club to them so it's a distinct possibility.

We are incredibly shite, you know - more than I thought only a short time ago
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 16:01:45 »

Quote from: Saxondale
OKay.  Just back from a lovely weekend away in that London.  It was nil nil when I lost signal on the radiogram. 

Anything interesting happen?

I can't get the captain pugwash theme out my head. hth.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 16:35:17 »

Just seen the 'highlights' and Branco's unwillingness to be at all bothered about the defending for their 5th.

We looked like we had a few chances early on but what is clear is the free run they had from midfield with no fucker near them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 17:31:37 »

In defence of Kasim, why the fuck did Turnbull head a straight lob form their goalkeeper right to our corner flag? The errors seem to go much further than a few seconds of highlights show...

Harsh. He didn't get that right but it didn't cause the goal. Turnbull was one of the few players to come out of Saturday with anything close to credit.

My thoughts are up on the Washbag for anyone who cares http://thewashbag.com/2015/11/22/fleetwood-5-1-swindon-warning-contains-prolonged-periods-of-dejection/
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 17:46:05 »

Our 3 previous promos out of Div 4, all came about because money was thrown at it...after financial restraint had got us into the shit.
Forgive my dodgy memory, but I can think of two of the promotions coming with new management starting the season - Wise (+ Sturrock) and PDC. I think this fresh start approach helps. Having Ling in charge of a failed side, albeit with a fresh-ish squad, would have an air of failure around it from the start. Negative momentum/form from one season to the next isn't good. Would Power get rid of Ling if he led us to relegation?

Anyway, this season is far from over and we can still get out of the mire. However, from what I've seen so far we're not competitive enough to avoid relegation.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 17:56:59 »

Forgive my dodgy memory, but I can think of two of the promotions coming with new management starting the season - Wise (+ Sturrock) and PDC. I think this fresh start approach helps. Having Ling in charge of a failed side, albeit with a fresh-ish squad, would have an air of failure around it from the start. Negative momentum/form from one season to the next isn't good. Would Power get rid of Ling if he led us to relegation?

Anyway, this season is far from over and we can still get out of the mire. However, from what I've seen so far we're not competitive enough to avoid relegation.

Yes, and before that second season Lou.  But these were backed up by funds, in the first two...cash from the nice friendly money tree....in the most recent instance a large wedge courtesy of Andrew Black.

I have my doubts that Lingy will last past January, unless there is tangible evidence of progress....Saturday looked like players who've already tossed the towel in.
Sir red ken

« Reply #295 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 19:03:46 »

I didn't think that Ling was the right kind of guy to get us out of the brown stuff and so far there's nothing to convince me differently. His record has been patchy at best and were just falling apart as a team. I still feel that where the club have blown promotion from this shitty league we will now pay the ultimate price, which barring a minor miracle will be back to back relegations. It would have been better to put my best mate Arriba in charge of the team, now there's a man who can crack some skulls.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 20:31:06 »

Harsh. He didn't get that right but it didn't cause the goal. Turnbull was one of the few players to come out of Saturday with anything close to credit.

My thoughts are up on the Washbag for anyone who cares http://thewashbag.com/2015/11/22/fleetwood-5-1-swindon-warning-contains-prolonged-periods-of-dejection/

Good write up, enjoyed reading about our misery.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: