Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 41054 times)
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 20:09:25 »

Our problems for me lay in two areas. One, an inconsistent team selection (can't be helped due to injuries) and two, a terrible midfield.

I don't think the back (in regards to personnel) are that bad. Vigs, Turnball, EL-abd and Branco are all pretty decent, although Branco couldn't get in the team last year.

Up top, with Obika, Thomas and Ajose that is a very good three and score goals.

The midfield is a joke. Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near this team and Kasim should have gone long ago, not interested. A couple of passengers. Barry is a poor player who is conference standard, BOO the same although the latter has flashes of ok-ness.

If you look at some of our first-team midfield and some of those individuals around the edges it is a poor, poor standard.

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 20:12:14 by Randle » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 21:41:08 »

The midfield is a joke. Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near this team and Kasim should have gone long ago, not interested. A couple of passengers. Barry is a poor player who is conference standard, BOO the same although the latter has flashes of ok-ness.

Don't disagree, and it has been noticed. That's why Louis and Gladwin were brought in.

Kasim has been dogshit, but keeping him didn't seem like a bad idea going into the season. Presumably nobody put in a decent bid for him at the end of the window. Firmly blame the player rather than management on this one.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 22:24:26 »

Our problems for me lay in two areas. One, an inconsistent team selection (can't be helped due to injuries) and two, a terrible midfield.

I don't think the back (in regards to personnel) are that bad. Vigs, Turnball, EL-abd and Branco are all pretty decent, although Branco couldn't get in the team last year.

Up top, with Obika, Thomas and Ajose that is a very good three and score goals.

If you look at some of our first-team midfield and some of those individuals around the edges it is a poor, poor standard.

Agree with most of this. I bet that both Bodgers and Barry will play on Tues though. I'm going but looking forward to it a lot less after Saturday's result. I can't see anything other than a loss. Brad Barry needs a few more non-serious head injuries that result in a few weeks out at a time if we are to stand any chance this season. I don't know what has happened to Kasim. The whole debacle with the Iraqi FA seems to have affected him and he is not the player he was. BOO is very much a Nicky Nicolau... left sided player with pace and the odd moment of creativity but overall not good enough to be a consistent first team player.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 23:46:20 »

ACardboard cut out would be better than Vigouroux, worst keeper since nicky hammond.
Really?!
Did you miss Jimmy Glass, Bart, Lanzano and the likes. hell even Tom Heaton was utter garbage for us as was Andy Lonegan. I'd even say Rhys Evans is down there, lived off his Swindon connection and Chelsea time when in fact he was pretty shit and the worst kicker of the ball that I've seen in the professional game.

We've had some woeful keepers over the last 10 years....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 09:03:30 »

Don't get too upset about it, I've heard how this is the worst team some fans have ever seen at least once every season. Our fans aren't the brightest bunch, bless em.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 09:04:53 »

From a Fleetwood fan

Undoubtably Pressley has been making strides recently to turn us into a much more attacking unit. The 2 loanees he’s brought in in Henen and Fosu certainly looked the part yesterday, proving speed and composure, and we were very good value for the victory after an excellent performance! That said, Swindon were appalling, by far the worst team I’ve seen at Highbury this season, if I were a Swindon fan I’d be very worried. Ling has a big job on his hands, their defence was shockingly bad!
Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-we-learned-from-fleetwood-towns-5-1-thrashing-of-swindon-town/?#KaLpfdZDyFvW95WK.99

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 09:13:37 »

Apparently, bears shit in the woods also.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 09:36:43 »

I think people are getting carried away after a couple of unfortunate results.  Couple of wins, get the confidence back and we could be back pushing for a playoff spot by the new year.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 09:51:41 »

Clap

Roaming the land while you sleep..
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 10:10:20 »

This is why Power's insistence on possession football is so frustrating. If you're going to keep the ball you need your quality concentrated in the midfield, as we did last year.

Cooper at least was able to recognise the style wasn't working with the personnel he had available, even if he wasn't the right man to implement the changes.

The worrying thing is Power gave him the boot as soon as he saw signs he was trying to abandon the philosophy, which suggests we're in it for the long-haul, no matter how bad the results.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 10:37:49 »

The worrying thing is Power

True. I think it a possiblity, that Lingy could be gone by January unless there's a major improvement, and that would provide Power with the excuse to do the job himself, with Williams and Embleton doing the daily stuff.
Honest Lee

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 10:58:08 »

Not going to happen as Power would need to start paying his taxes unless he is going to manage from afar by e-mail or twitter (whatever that is!)

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 11:02:31 »

True. I think it a possiblity, that Lingy could be gone by January unless there's a major improvement, and that would provide Power with the excuse to do the job himself, with Williams and Embleton doing the daily stuff.

do you not think he's already had the opportunity do it himself?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 11:21:05 »

Not going to happen as Power would need to start paying his taxes unless he is going to manage from afar by e-mail or twitter (whatever that is!)

Let's just imagine that Lingy gets the Christmas period and perhaps a couple of weeks into Jan, which may include a blank weekend due to 3rd round FA cup. That would take us to about 24 games gone, 22 to go.  Tax year starts April 1st, so roughly 13 games of the old tax year and 9 of the new. Power may well have that in his allowance....comes in for match days, Williams and Embleton do the daily work of training etc.  Power does recruitment anyway, through agents.
Honest Lee

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, November 23, 2015, 12:03:35 »

Let's just imagine that Lingy gets the Christmas period and perhaps a couple of weeks into Jan, which may include a blank weekend due to 3rd round FA cup. That would take us to about 24 games gone, 22 to go.  Tax year starts April 1st, so roughly 13 games of the old tax year and 9 of the new. Power may well have that in his allowance....comes in for match days, Williams and Embleton do the daily work of training etc.  Power does recruitment anyway, through agents.

Yippee   we are saved after all.    Clap

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: