Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 41046 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:06:37 »

Yea and everyone was fucking moaning about that all the time, quite rightly as we were clearly undisciplined

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:08:31 »

I also think it's a bit unfair to say that none of the players try. Turnbull, Branco and Obika all look like they care when they play.
Agreed, I don't think us being shit is due to majority of players not caring, the only one I think that doesn't atm is Kasim. Rodgers, Barry, Boo and some of the others just arent good enough. Barry's redeeming thing about him for me personally is that he does put a shift in, he's just not ready/good enough.

With everyone fit, this should be a play off side minimum and after a few beers last night I feel a tad more positive and still think we should be good enough to avoid relegation.
                     Vigs
Thompson Branco El Abd Turnbull
                    Kasim
          Louis        Robert
                    Gladwin
           Obika       Ajose.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:25:14 by PlymRed » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:31:52 »

Dropping the 'keeper for Thompson seems a no-brainer... He's a liability and only marginally better than Ty (if at all)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Combe Down

« Reply #243 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:39:28 »

The dicking from Cheltenham last season was bad

I went to Cheltenham v Forest Green yesterday. They refused to move the game to a Thursday for BT Sports purposes. It was pay on the gate & there were 5,500 there. Good call.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 15:56:35 »

Dropping the 'keeper for Thompson seems a no-brainer... He's a liability and only marginally better than Ty (if at all)

Trouble with that strategy is that we then have no sub goalkeeper....Belford likes a bit of a rush, and isn't the quickest, so a risk of playing a game v a decent team like Walsall with no keeper. Whether there's anyone oin the squad who fancies themselves, as a bit of a keeper I've no idea.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 16:02:59 »

Also can't understand why Jordan Stewart isn't anywhere near the match day squad. If Iandolo can get on the bench . . .
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 16:26:50 »

Trouble with that strategy is that we then have no sub goalkeeper....Belford likes a bit of a rush, and isn't the quickest, so a risk of playing a game v a decent team like Walsall with no keeper. Whether there's anyone oin the squad who fancies themselves, as a bit of a keeper I've no idea.
Stick a youth teamer gk on the bench, doesn't take up a loan spot and be good experience for him to be in the squad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 16:42:19 »

Stick a youth teamer gk on the bench, doesn't take up a loan spot and be good experience for him to be in the squad

I guess that would work....
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 17:04:35 »

Johns been doing pretty well in the Youth team apparently
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 18:33:12 »

Johns been doing pretty well in the Youth team apparently
What standard do the youth team actually play at though? I watched them play at Cleeve a few weeks ago when we lost 5-1 to Cheltenham and well I'd be terrified at even risking the remote possibility of having him in goal. He's not ready for adult football yet alone the football league.
I've come to the conclusion we need to sign our own keeper in the window to take this whole situation out of the equation. In an inexperienced team I think you nee a keeper with a bit of experience. If you've got an experienced back 4 you can get away with the learning curve as we did with Wes in the early days. We don't unfortunately have that luxury anymore....
REDBUCK

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 18:40:34 »

Paddy Kenny
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 19:38:58 »

I also think it's a bit unfair to say that none of the players try. Turnbull, Branco and Obika all look like they care when they play.

probably a harsh comment from me, out of frustration.

main bugbears-
rodgers- shit and doesnt try hard enough to win the ball.
kasim-fucking uninterested, arrogant cunt.
BOO & Barry- shoddy shoddy players, but at least they try. as a few people have alluded to the wing backs are very important in a 3 5 2 system- compare these guys with byrne and toffolo  No
vigs- good shot stopper, shocking decision maker.

back three are fairly solid tbf, cant really moan at the strikers when they have that behind them.

traroe and LT must play.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #252 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 19:55:17 »

If Louis is to play Tuesday, I reckon Wes Thomas will drop out.

Vigs
Turnbull Branco El And
Brophy Louis Gladwin Traore Robert
Obika Ajose

Unfortunately, as we want to offload Kasim in January I think he will play - who wants to buy a player who can't get in our shitstream
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 19:57:25 by Pleasantly Plump Chang » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 20:02:20 »

ACardboard cut out would be better than Vigouroux, worst keeper since nicky hammond.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 20:07:04 »

ACardboard cut out would be better than Vigouroux, worst keeper since nicky hammond.

It's a shame that then cardboard cut outs that used to grace the Bank are no more...used to make me laugh. Let's face it when you're as shit as us, humour is all that's left.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: