Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 41022 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:10:20 »

I honestly think I could do better than Rodgers
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:20:58 »

If they aren't in training now, Ling has some understanding of how injuries occur.

That's nice, how about he tries to get some understanding into the player of how to try and what is and what is not acceptable.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:23:40 »

That's nice, how about he tries to get some understanding into the player of how to try and what is and what is not acceptable.
Do you honestly believe that the players will fail to understand that losing 5-1 away at Fleetwood is unacceptable without having to come into training on a Sunday?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:27:47 »

Clearly the term training, can now cover such things as video analysis, working on shape and systems, and studying the opposition.  No longer a Kingy style....do some sit ups, get Walshy to chuck some cones down and have a 5 a side.

They should be doing something....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:29:41 »

There's nothing wrong with the philosophy, just the personnel. At least the players and staff have a chance to show some bottle quickly, on Tuesday.

I've been trying to think of such a damaging defeat in recent years, losing 7-1 at Forest, I suppose in 05/06, after we'd managed to climb out of the drop zone after a longish run of steady results.

That day Forest had 2 caretaker managers in charge....but it was Forest, 2 time European champions. Yesterday, with all due respect to Fleetwood, was v a side below us in the league, who've only been a league club for a few short years, and that may well be their record win.

Iffy's side never really recovered from that Forest game....if this side is to recover from yesterday it must happen on Tuesday.

The dicking from Cheltenham last season was bad

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:36:04 »

The dicking from Cheltenham last season was bad

Cup game...key player sent off earlyish, goal difference not a factor, so not really comparable to a league game.

When you've just got out of the bottom 4 on goal difference, the last thing you want is to get stuffed by a direct opponent in the bottom 4.  OK you may lose say 2-1, not great but not as damaging.
REDBUCK

« Reply #231 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:39:41 »

He can try all he wants but it's not something you can teach. If the players haven't got that in their character then they'll never have it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:41:38 »

Quote from: sonicyouth
Do you honestly believe that the players will fail to understand that losing 5-1 away at Fleetwood is unacceptable without having to come into training on a Sunday?

the 'defending 101' DVD would be a start
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:43:13 »

The wing backs in a 3,5,2 are arguably your most important players. They have to provide for the forwards and protect the defenders who can be exposed. It's patently obvious that the current lads in those roles are not fit for purpose. Extra training on a Sunday won't make a blind bit of difference.
The personnel ain't good enough, it's as simple as that imo
Totally correct Arriba on all counts.  Have them in training today and everybody will be complaining they look tired on Tuesday!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 13:45:56 »

I'd say the current crop could. The likes of Kasim, for example, don't seem to give a shit.

What annoys me about players nowadays is that when they lose, and especially when they play shit, they "tweet" some crap about the result being unacceptable or they've been unlucky or the decisions against them were unfair.....like they want the fans to show them some sympathy and give them a pat on the back. Fuck that. Give them a kick up the arse. I really hope Power proves all the doubters wrong in January and buys a few players - players with a bit of give-a-shit about them - capable of fighting their way out of the shit we're in. And get rid of Kasim, Rodgers and Barry for goodness sake. Apart from the Thompsons, the last player I saw playing for Swindon who looked like he gave a shit was McEveley.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 14:12:38 »

excluding the thompsons bros, we have two types of players.

1.talented players that dont give a flying fuck.

2.non league players well out of their depth.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 14:16:41 »

excluding the thompsons bros, we have two types of players.

1.talented players that dont give a flying fuck.

2.non league players well out of their depth.

Think that's a bit harsh on Ajose....we know he's just a goalscorer, rather than an all round forward, and he has scored goals at an acceptable rate.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 14:17:59 »

Yes, footballers are thick and our lot don't give a fuck.
They need to be told. They need to punished.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 14:18:45 »

I also think it's a bit unfair to say that none of the players try. Turnbull, Branco and Obika all look like they care when they play.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 14:48:29 »

At this stage last season how many players had been suspended for 5 bookings? Obviously you don't want players to be suspended but at least it shows they give/gave a shit
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: