Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town vs Swindon Town - Matchday Thread  (Read 41582 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 21:46:44 »

Congratulations on finding something even worse than 'Chuckles'.

Accepted.

Clems Army!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 09:14:01 »

odd that Ling says he feels sorry for Williams as he puts in the work on the training ground. I suggest he does something different, because whatever he is doing is clearly shite

I come from a land down-under
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 09:24:58 »

If they aren't in training now, Lings a pussy!!!
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 10:28:22 »

If they aren't in training now, Ling has some understanding of how injuries occur.

normy

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 10:28:50 »

It was unfortunate that Traore was injured. He is the only central midfielder currently available who is prepared, or able, to protect the back line by tackling and chasing back, and this made the difference against Scunthorpe to give some hope.  Rodgers and Kasim are the worst I can remember seeing at STFC for tracking back, tackling effectively, and generally supporting the defence.  I don't count Louis in this.

ust be the oldest
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 10:40:48 »

Rodgers and Kasim have to be dropped. Both are shite. Get Louis back in even if it means dropping Vigs. If Traore is fit then start him with Robert and Gladwin. I dont understand how Rodgers and Kasi keep getting games.
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 10:50:56 »

There is no pace in our midfield with Rodgers and kasim and gladwin. We can't press teams as by time our players get near the ball its long gone. As said darrissa is the only one who looks to protect the back line. With Nathan injured none of the other full backs can actually defend. I think this pulls our centre backs out to try to cover and that doesn't help. We will now see if Ling has anything about him to say to power , him, him and him are simple not good enough and should never be in the team. He needs to kick some up the arse. I fear the worst as it looks like us and Crewe are in free fall. Time for some honesty. May as well let the Liverpool duo stay there and cancel their loans. We need strenght and desire, and to be up for a battle. Tippy tappy is getting us no where with players who are not good enough to do it.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #217 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 11:22:59 »

Why are we insisting on playing 3-5-2 when we don't have the personnel to carry it out?

That system requires wingbacks that can carry the ball forward and track back to defend. Our 2 do neither. They are the weak links that provide no defensive cover or offensive crosses.

The reason why the back 3 look so ragged at times is they are trying to cover for the wingbacks as well as doing their own jobs.

This philosophy bollocks is taking us down.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 11:53:57 »

Sad for the fans & club but that's what we get for Black bailing and selling us to people with no money to run a club.
Black may have bailed but he left the club in a state where people with no money could, if they made the necessary cuts, at least have a chance of sustaining it.  I cannot recall anyone other than Black (since the lovely but ineffective Sir Seton) who put real money into the club, so not sure what Black bailing has to do with this?

Power, unlike the creepy lifestyle-taker Jed, at least had access to some funds for the club's cashflow purposes which he will ultimately have introduced by way of loan rather than equity. Power deserves credit for having taken some personal financial risk.  Power also had a plan and a knowledge of the business of football.  

My expectation is that Power will have eliminated his personal exposure by having the club repay to him at the first opportunity and in full (using the surplus transfer fees the existence of which some seem keen to deny).

Rather than show faith in his model for STFC by balancing repaying himself with funding replacement assets on the playing front for the club, Power has maxed the elimination of personal risk at the first opportunity and that has contributed to our predicament.

Warning: this theory may be bollox
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 11:55:48 by RedRag » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:06:10 »

Rodgers and Kasim have to be dropped. Both are shite. Get Louis back in even if it means dropping Vigs. If Traore is fit then start him with Robert and Gladwin. I dont understand how Rodgers and Kasi keep getting games.
I don't understand why Robert does not get a start!
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:11:00 »

Assuming we have the same set of players available I would like to see us line up

Belford (only because of loan player situation)
              el abd, branco, turnbull
Brophy                                            boo
                     Louis    Robert
                           Gladwin
                      Obika, ajose

Were crap at the back regardless of what we do but at least with that midfield 3 we will create chances and Louis has that bit of pace in the middle we really lacked at Fleetwood.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:17:37 »

Why are we insisting on playing 3-5-2 when we don't have the personnel to carry it out?

That system requires wingbacks that can carry the ball forward and track back to defend. Our 2 do neither. They are the weak links that provide no defensive cover or offensive crosses.

The reason why the back 3 look so ragged at times is they are trying to cover for the wingbacks as well as doing their own jobs.

This philosophy bollocks is taking us down.

There's nothing wrong with the philosophy, just the personnel. At least the players and staff have a chance to show some bottle quickly, on Tuesday.

I've been trying to think of such a damaging defeat in recent years, losing 7-1 at Forest, I suppose in 05/06, after we'd managed to climb out of the drop zone after a longish run of steady results.

That day Forest had 2 caretaker managers in charge....but it was Forest, 2 time European champions. Yesterday, with all due respect to Fleetwood, was v a side below us in the league, who've only been a league club for a few short years, and that may well be their record win.

Iffy's side never really recovered from that Forest game....if this side is to recover from yesterday it must happen on Tuesday.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:30:56 »

I've decided the best course of action is to deny that this season is actually happening.

At least next season will see a few more local matches. Shame the Pox don't look as though they are going to fuck up.

See you Tuesday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:47:40 »

I've decided the best course of action is to deny that this season is actually happening.

I've only ever written off seasons in higher leagues this early previously....73/74, 93/94, 99/00.

In all 3 of those it was obvious we were out of our depth....the Prem season of course was still fun.  The two Div 2 relegations were painful to have to watch.....but the thought of getting back to our natural home in Div 3 provided some comfort.

I don't think we're quite there yet, get something other than a defeat on Tuesday and we've still a chance.

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 12:53:20 »

The wing backs in a 3,5,2 are arguably your most important players. They have to provide for the forwards and protect the defenders who can be exposed. It's patently obvious that the current lads in those roles are not fit for purpose. Extra training on a Sunday won't make a blind bit of difference.
The personnel ain't good enough, it's as simple as that imo
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: