Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon restaurants  (Read 8994 times)
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 21:11:10 »

Changing the subject.

Byron Burger.

Nice food, but overpriced for what you get. Considering it is a burger place, there isnt much choice is there.

Atomic burger has a much larger choice.

Where are they? I thought the nearest Atomic was in oxford and if I were there I'd rather go for a Mission Burrito.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 21:22:54 »

Sorry, i went to byron in MK

Atomic in oxford is amazing
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 21:35:54 »

Has Swindon got a Chick-o-land?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 23:04:52 »

Sorry, i went to byron in MK

Atomic in oxford is amazing

Atomic is brilliant.  Really good sweet potato fries.  As a non meat eater as well, the veg burger is brilliant.

Never knowingly overstated.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 23:26:39 »

the harrow at little bedwyn is great - offer on travelzoo at the moment ( if you are happy to drive)
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 12:10:59 »

Yup, the food at the Weighbridge is fantastic. Just make sure you go with people you don't mind talking to for a while because the service is not exactly swift.
That maybe due to the expectaions of visiting fastfood outlets and other places where the cover turnaround is quicker. Remember other than the shermans pretty much everywhere else in the world take their time over food as it is and should always be "an experience" rather than a chore.

Just remembered this. I used to do business with Antony & Alyson Windle the owners. One conversation many moons back went along these lines. They only cater for one sitting in the evening which will comprise of mains and dessert because there is not enough time because of the prep and cooking and that is why they do not do starters (well they didn't up to my last visit earlier this year) and never did at the three crowns either. So your dining experience is likely to be longer and more relaxed, which i actually prefer.
Panda Paws

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 15:23:16 »

Be different and go to Moshan Island Grill. All homecooked food and the goat curry is ace.

Just seen this - we're trying to be different and not go there as we've been the last 5 times we all go out!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 20:09:10 »

That maybe due to the expectaions of visiting fastfood outlets and other places where the cover turnaround is quicker. Remember other than the shermans pretty much everywhere else in the world take their time over food as it is and should always be "an experience" rather than a chore.

Only just saw this, and I can only speak for myself but that is absolutely not the case. It was totally about poorly trained/couldn't give a shit waiting staff who didn't know how to look after their customers.

Its not my thing, but having eaten in triple Michelin starred restaurants I can assure you the staff there do not walk past you and ignore you for the duration of your meal.

And no its not normal to wait 25 minutes to get afirst drinks order in after being seated, and hour to get a main course in (After ordering) and 30-40 minutes after taking a desert order to actually bring the fucking thing. And to ignore your empty glasses for the duration. Especially having making an explicit point in saying that you wanted to try all 6 micro beers.  That's just shit.

I suspect a busy Weighbridge is too much for  Antony & Alyson Windle to handle.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 20:46:09 »

Only just saw this, and I can only speak for myself but that is absolutely not the case. It was totally about poorly trained/couldn't give a shit waiting staff who didn't know how to look after their customers.

Its not my thing, but having eaten in triple Michelin starred restaurants I can assure you the staff there do not walk past you and ignore you for the duration of your meal.

And no its not normal to wait 25 minutes to get afirst drinks order in after being seated, and hour to get a main course in (After ordering) and 30-40 minutes after taking a desert order to actually bring the fucking thing. And to ignore your empty glasses for the duration. Especially having making an explicit point in saying that you wanted to try all 6 micro beers.  That's just shit.

I suspect a busy Weighbridge is too much for  Antony & Alyson Windle to handle.

It's all about opinions and experiences. My opinions and experiences of said establishment have always been first class. Trust me, if i go there and spent around £120 like i usually do and it falls below my expectations, they'll know about it. As yet that has not been the case. You're not yhe only one who has eaten somewhere with more cutlery than a sheffield steelworks, however, this is Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 20:50:50 »

It was your suggest that complaining about service is done by those that eat at fast food outlets that prompted the response.

To be fair, I usually do Smiley
corner

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 21:26:47 »

Anyone tried that kenzo 72 place up old town?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 23:14:45 »

I'd rather sit on the hungry horse floor than go to the weighbridge again.

food is OK/good. service was the most appallingly shit, slow, inattentive I've ever had anywhere.
this was a few years ago mind, good luck.

I seem to remember going on the same night as you! Such a stalker.

The service was indeed snails pace, but, I actually like that.  I go out for a night, not just the food so I prefer to have gaps between courses and drink a fair bit!  If they are too slow the bar is worth a visit anyway.  I have to say I loved it, but if service is an issue for you, this place is best avoided.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 23:18:42 »

Oh and having done the Michelin star places as well, I do appreciate that the overall service at the Weighbridge is well short.  Had about 7 people serve me in one place, now that is fun.
Combe Down

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 08:21:51 »

The Royal Oak, Old Town, Swindon is superb now. Not sure if any of you lot would get let in there, but the range of champagne & gin is second to none within 30 miles. The menu is spectacular. Shame you'll all be looking in through the window.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 12, 2015, 10:28:56 »

oooooh - miaowwwwwww
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: