Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon restaurants  (Read 9010 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:05:38 »

A subject done to death possibly, and a thread that could be in the takeaways thread but anyway....

Looking for the best place to eat in or around Swindon for 8-10 of us around Christmas time, no budget really, and no real preference on type of food so long as it's belting.

Is the Weighbridge worth the money? Seems extraordinarily expensive, but don't mind if it's actually value for money. What about Greek Olive - decent? The Pear Tree out at Purton still good?

All tips and recommendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:09:38 »

Silk on the Downs in Ogbourne St Andrew is excellent, albeit you'll pay a decent wedge. Well worth it though.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:12:16 »

The Weighbridge is expensive, but it's the best restaurant i've been to in Swindon by far.
It has its own range of beers brewed in-house and is just a nice place in general.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:14:59 »

Silk on the Downs in Ogbourne St Andrew is excellent, albeit you'll pay a decent wedge. Well worth it though.

Yep, probably the best in the immediate vicinity, albeit basically Marlborough. The steak is first class. Plus a Swindon legend owns it.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:19:02 »

Coles in Marlborough is also very good.  As is 'The Marlborough' (formerly the Sun).  In fact Marlborough offers decent grub all round and it's only 12-14miles from Swindon.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:25:13 »

The Weighbridge is brilliant if you've got a few pennies. You won't get much better than that in Swindon.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:29:47 »

The Weighbridge is brilliant if you've got a few pennies. You won't get much better than that in Swindon.

Yup, the food at the Weighbridge is fantastic. Just make sure you go with people you don't mind talking to for a while because the service is not exactly swift.
Panda Paws

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 15:42:09 »

The Weighbridge it is then. Don't mind paying, so long as it's decent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 17:43:10 »

I'd rather sit on the hungry horse floor than go to the weighbridge again.

food is OK/good. service was the most appallingly shit, slow, inattentive I've ever had anywhere.
this was a few years ago mind, good luck.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 19:29:46 »

Yep, probably the best in the immediate vicinity, albeit basically Marlborough. The steak is first class. Plus a Swindon legend owns it.
What Tracey . . used to drink at the Rodbourne Arms?
woolster

« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 19:42:34 »

La Carbonara is excellent, superb Italian food, and the service is spot on which helps make the atmosphere, always have a great night in there Pint
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 20:13:48 »

Be different and go to Moshan Island Grill. All homecooked food and the goat curry is ace.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 20:52:27 »

I'd rather sit on the hungry horse floor than go to the weighbridge again.

food is OK/good. service was the most appallingly shit, slow, inattentive I've ever had anywhere.
this was a few years ago mind, good luck.

This.

I'd still go back as food was good but the service was shit, the girl looked to still be at college was was more interested chatting to the barman and couldn't answer any questions about the beer or wine she was just not interested.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 20:54:43 »

Get smashed down the pub and pile into a curry house.  Beers Pint Eat
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 20, 2015, 20:55:18 »

Changing the subject.

Byron Burger.

Nice food, but overpriced for what you get. Considering it is a burger place, there isnt much choice is there.

Atomic burger has a much larger choice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: