Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XBox 360 vs XBox One  (Read 5778 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:13:38 »

Kids have a 360. They tell me they want a One for Xmas. They have games like COD & Skyrim.

Is it worth getting a One? From what I understand it isn't yet, but then I don't play on the damn things.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:26:44 »

I've got an XbOne, it's a good piece of kit, the new games are starting to really show the difference between the two. Plenty of comparison videos on youtube.

There should be some decent pre-Christmas console bundles coming up, keep your eyes open!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:29:40 »

Are games backwards compatible?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 14:40:35 »

If you get the correct xbox one they are
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:41:29 »

If you get the correct xbox one they are
What is the correct Xbox one ?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:55:04 »

My two sons shared an xbox 360, which has never really worked, as they argue too much on it.  Oldest son has been wanting an xbox one for ages, so we bought him one for his birthday and part of his Christmas present recently.

I paid £250 for it with Fifa 16, which is the cheapest I've seen it.  I happened to stumble upon a 24 hour discounted offer. 

I don't know much about these things, but even I can see the graphics are far superior and it does offer alot besides.  Games are more expensive, but we've picked up a few on Swindon For Sale or Wanted for £10.  Also, in Game yesterday, the chap told us that an update can be run, which means 360 games can be played on it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:15:12 »

Also, in Game yesterday, the chap told us that an update can be run, which means 360 games can be played on it.
Some 360 games can be played on it. By no means all. There's about 100 which are backwards compatible at the moment and quite a few of those are obscure ones, some of the most popular ones (some of the Call of Duties, FIFA, some Halos etc) haven't yet been converted. There's a list on the xbox website somewhere, worth checking that before you pile in on the basis that you'll just be able to use all the old 360 games because at the moment you won't
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:23:43 »

Kids have a 360. They tell me they want a One for Xmas. They have games like COD & Skyrim.

Is it worth getting a One? From what I understand it isn't yet, but then I don't play on the damn things.

Yes, very much so.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:33:20 »

No. A PS4 is what you want.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:50:48 »

deffo a PS4 instead

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 21:59:53 »

No. A PS4 is what you want.
For kids, depends entirely what their mates have. Quality of games, graphics all that goes completely out of the window compared to "everyone else in the class has a PS3/360/One/PS4". They don't care about the quality of the gaming experience if they're stuck playing it on their tod while their mates are blasting seven shades out of each other online (and chatting etc while they do it, it's as much about hanging out as the gaming)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 22:02:57 »

Some 360 games can be played on it. By no means all. There's about 100 which are backwards compatible at the moment and quite a few of those are obscure ones, some of the most popular ones (some of the Call of Duties, FIFA, some Halos etc) haven't yet been converted. There's a list on the xbox website somewhere, worth checking that before you pile in on the basis that you'll just be able to use all the old 360 games because at the moment you won't

I did think it sounded a bit too good to be true when my son and husband were telling me!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 08:40:03 »

Just keep the 360 then?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 11:53:28 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34797342

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 13:19:37 »

Here is the initial list of games that will play on the BC One, with more to be added next year.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/09/the-list-of-xbox-one-backward-compatibility-games-is-now-available/
---------
It's all a bit of a marketing gimmick though isn't it. Anything to stop defectors moving to PS4, nice to have but really:

a) If you want BC, then presumably you have a 360 already. So use that as its guaranteed to work Smiley
b) If you have an XBone, then I bet 90% of your game time will be playing XBone native games. What's the point of upgrading otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: