Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Official Match day Thread  (Read 24938 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 00:54:52 »

I don't rate Belford very highly. As mentioned before, he's a nice guy but I just don't think he's the standard to ever nail down a No1 slot in a FL club. I agree with something that was also mentioned a few posts up.. he makes basic saves look spectacular which blindsides some people into thinking he's brilliant.

Just my humble opinion, then again I'm usually wrong about everything..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 06:45:44 »

Belford is Griemink reincarnated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 07:05:19 »

Bart was alright to my eyes!

At the moment Belfour feels a little bit like Phil Smith, doesn't inspire confidence. But he has time to improve/prove us wrong.
Chrystovski

« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 08:02:20 »

The thought of either Vigs or Belford in goal scares me.

Vigs can make 4 or 5 blinding saves and then gift them a goal.

He's made the same amount of mistakes in a quarter of a season then Fod's did in 4.

We all knew Fods was a top top keeper but neither candidate to replace him are currently of the required standard.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 08:07:33 by Chrystovski » Logged
Chrystovski

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 08:06:11 »

Bart was alright to my eyes!

At the moment Belfour feels a little bit like Phil Smith, doesn't inspire confidence. But he has time to improve/prove us wrong.

My stand out moment for Bart was the posh away, the ball landed on the roof of the net and he wandered around the goal several times like a little lost lamb trying to work out how to get the ball back...
Head Hurts
That summed up his Town career for me....clueless.

I think he got lobbed from some 40 yards in the same game.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 08:25:10 »

My stand out moment for Bart was the posh away, the ball landed on the roof of the net and he wandered around the goal several times like a little lost lamb trying to work out how to get the ball back...
Head Hurts
That summed up his Town career for me....clueless.

I think he got lobbed from some 40 yards in the same game.

There is a joke there about Seamen too.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Panda Paws

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 09:37:16 »

The thought of either Vigs or Belford in goal scares me.

Vigs can make 4 or 5 blinding saves and then gift them a goal.

He's made the same amount of mistakes in a quarter of a season then Fod's did in 4.

We all knew Fods was a top top keeper but neither candidate to replace him are currently of the required standard.

Exactly. Vigouroux is pretty damn ropey, Belford has yet to prove he's even remotely capable of being number 1 at this level.

Vigs is the lesser of two evils unfortunately. Still, neither of them are a patch on Mattia Lanzano.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 09:41:35 »

We were never going to get a goalkeeper anywhere near Wes's standards. We got lucky with that one and I doubt we'll have anyone as good for a long, long time. Although he did go a bit shitter when Digby was his coach.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, November 18, 2015, 09:56:33 »

Exactly. Vigouroux is pretty damn ropey, Belford has yet to prove he's even remotely capable of being number 1 at this level.

Vigs is the lesser of two evils unfortunately. Still, neither of them are a patch on Mattia Lanzano.
Lanzano, fuck me, that was a name I hoped never to hear again. Hereford at home. Never have I seen a worse performance from a goalkeeper.

As for belford he really isn't that shit. He's not had a half decent run in the first team. He's still young. He'll be a half decent lower league keeper one day. Vigs will probably be a championship one. But the hy re both still learning. Comparing to Wes is ridiculous as he was virtually the finished product after his first 6mths here.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: