Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So ...  (Read 1679 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 19:41:53 »

I have fibre internet with Talktalk which is at the monent set up through one of those open reach things.

Today Talktalk have sent me a new router which it seems doesn't need the open reach thing to work. Does this sound right? I would call them but the builders have managed to cut through my phone lines .....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 19:50:05 »

sounds right.

most providers now provide a router that can be set up to use the engineer installed openreach modern, or plug into the phone line filter. No need for engineer install these days.

edit: To be honest, you may be able to plug it into the master socket as on the right hand option here and remove the openreach modem, but I don't know where the broadband signal is filtered off when you have an openreach modem,, before or after the master socket?!

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/how-setup-and-check-my-fibre-equipment

guess you can try 2 (right hand), and if that doesn't work revert to 1 (left hand)!!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 20:01:31 by Batch » Logged
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2015, 19:58:03 »

Let me just check your talktalk details...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: