Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Travelling to and across London  (Read 3739 times)
StfcRusty

Ignore
« on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 21:34:57 »

Can anyone advise of a good place to park (ideally free) on the outskirts of London midweek which is convenient for the tube?  I used to park in Chiswick right by Gunnersbury tube station but last time I tried it was now a max of 3 hours on-street parking.

Also, last time I went, the one day travel pass had become really expensive.  Is it worth buying an Oyster card?  I'll be travelling around a bit in Zone 1 and 2.

Any advice gratefully received - cheers.
Talk Talk

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 21:39:18 »

On the Great West Road (A4) by Osterley tube station. It's free parking on the main road. Depending on what time you get there you might have to walk a bit. Tube is half an hour into central London and not too expensive.

Easy from the M4. And yes, get an Oyster card.

https://goo.gl/maps/PYyMByVU7CR2
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 21:42:23 »

If you've got a contactless credit/debit card you don't need an Oyster. The same daily caps apply.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 22:25:12 »

Amen to Osterley. £6 all day in the car park.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 23:21:32 »

On the Great West Road (A4) by Osterley tube station. It's free parking on the main road. Depending on what time you get there you might have to walk a bit. Tube is half an hour into central London and not too expensive.

Easy from the M4. And yes, get an Oyster card.

https://goo.gl/maps/PYyMByVU7CR2

I always go the next stop down the line and park at Boston Manor.  Loads of free on road parking around there, I do it two or three times a month.  Will be parked up there on Wednesday..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Talk Talk

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 23:24:49 »

I always go the next stop down the line and park at Boston Manor.  Loads of free on road parking around there, I do it two or three times a month.  Will be parked up there on Wednesday..

Fucking townies
Combe Down

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 07:30:15 »

Wait until CrossRail opens then get a train direct from Swindon to Tottenham Court Road.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 07:33:03 »

Download Citymapper, it's a bloody good app that finds you buses and tells you where it's quicker to walk.

And you can use a contactless card as an oyster on tube and bus now, which is very useful.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 07:40:45 »

I have used Lysander Road at West Ruislip station before....trek into town though...45 mins.

Clems Army!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 07:45:40 »

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated - cheers
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 07:54:37 »

Download Citymapper, it's a bloody good app that finds you buses and tells you where it's quicker to walk.

And you can use a contactless card as an oyster on tube and bus now, which is very useful.
Citymapper is an incredibly useful app.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 09:19:10 »

Fucking townies

Yep, better than living in the stink, and lots, lots cheaper Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: