Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a difference from a few weeks back (well a couple of months ago)  (Read 7232 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 12:57:51 »

Some of it is down to poor signings, you look at the nucleus of the team we have that would make the starting XI we do on paper have some decent players, but it looks like the 'squad' players we have bought in are clearly not good enough to cover,

The excuse by Cooper was used that these are young lads and shouldn't be playing week in week out, but I don't buy that, many look poor players.

It also seems that Power has brought in players for the sake of it rather than bringing in players to play in a system, the defence was seemingly ignored as you don't sell defenders for big money so this was looked to be patched up with loans, I suspect maybe some of these players were recommended by agents as the next big thing.

We are now into a losing mentality having gone 13 (?) games without a win, although injured players coming back have not been part of this the mentality flows through the club.  

Ling has a huge job on his hands to lift confidence and get the team to a point where goal scoring chances are a plenty, that does not help as the coaching team that has 'coached' during this losing run are still in place.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 13:51:28 »

The Balmy signing makes me laugh.

Saturday - 'sorry mate, not good enough, we dont want ya'
Tuesday - 'hello jezza, erm, you free for 9 months?'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 13:57:32 »

The Balmy signing makes me laugh.

Saturday - 'sorry mate, not good enough, we dont want ya'
Tuesday - 'hello jezza, erm, you free for 9 months?'

You get a fucking lob on over this I swear!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 14:08:55 »

If you listen to the Twitter army what we need is Ty Belford to play.... Because he says nice stuff after games on there it'll make all the difference.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 15:31:28 »

Personally, I think Marshall and Randall are better than a couple who have been playing recently.

If they were good enough last year why no look in this?
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:26:25 »

I'd rather see either of them than Balmy any day of the week.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:29:45 »

Randall instead of Pjyamas for sure - dreadful player.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:30:55 »

Really? Were there more than 50 hardcore Combo and Wilts Cup regulars? And if they spent that much of their life at the club, are they that easily discouraged?

Edit: this is about you, isn't it.

Not really about me particularly, but it's just a source of sadness how slowly over my many years of supporting the key link between club, fan and community, has been eroded to the point where we are now....  more or less non existent.

This of course just mirrors a trend in broader society, where the collective has largely been degraded to be replaced by individualism.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:41:38 »

Yes, we're all boo-hoo at the moment but how the fuck can Bolton recover from being £172m in debt?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:43:58 »

Randall instead of Pjyamas for sure - dreadful player.

He's our highest rated player on FIFA 16...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:48:59 »

Which one?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:50:30 »

Yes, we're all boo-hoo at the moment but how the fuck can Bolton recover from being £172m in debt?

Gartside is a high up in the FA, so this gives him some political leverage....necessary when deciding which organisations should go to the wall e.g. railway works or banks?
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:53:50 »

Ojamaa is not a dreadful player. He is, however, the next Lukas Magera - 84 games and 25 goals in the Czech top flight since leaving. A proven player, but proven in a completely different environment to the one he's being asked to play in.

He'll leave in the summer if (when?) we go down, and crop up in an easter European top flight and do very well again.

Maybe, just maybe..... if we passed him the ball before passing between the two CBs 23 times he might have the space to do something.

stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 16:58:22 »

Ojamaa is not a dreadful player. He is, however, the next Lukas Magera - 84 games and 25 goals in the Czech top flight since leaving. A proven player, but proven in a completely different environment to the one he's being asked to play in.

He'll leave in the summer if (when?) we go down, and crop up in an easter European top flight and do very well again.

Maybe, just maybe..... if we passed him the ball before passing between the two CBs 23 times he might have the space to do something.

Completely agree with this, we are not playing in a style that suits Ojamaa, if we actually looked out wide quickly players would see he quite often has acres of space, we are just too slow and too predictable to make use of him, he wants a quick ball out wide, or a give and go, neither of which he is getting, and if he does happen to have the ball out wide, we've usually got disinterested midfielder's not looking to help him, or absolutely no one in the box for him to cross to.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 9, 2015, 17:00:14 »

Doesn't really matter what the reason is, he's still dreadful for us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: