Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Absolute shambles  (Read 19832 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 11:35:56 »

Only if HIM, was willing to go back, get the ball of the goalie and run it the length of the pitch and have a pop on goal. Otherwise he'd be just another forward, wondering what's it all about?

Blimey. Stopped clock syndrome.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 11:36:11 »

Apart from the fact we don't get 50% off, yeah.

Was referring to our sell on clauses to Tottenham etc, it was a bit oblique though I'll grant you.
Sir red ken

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 12:21:23 »

We look like we're following the Cambridge format from a few years back, strip what little assets are available and watch the club tumble out the league. I know its easy to be full of doom but we are only going one way now, who's going to sign for us in January? the team needs defensive reinforcements but what prem/championship club is going to loan us players when they're going to experience a tonking each week. If we sign non league players it could be high risk as we may end up with a squad of them, this is going to be a hard season to turn around and I still feel that ML isn't what we needed, I do hope he and the squad prove me wrong.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 12:58:31 »

Fairy snuff, but surely that would apply to us buying players too.
Not necessarily as with our past track record of financial difficulties teams will be inclined to want much more of the fee up front. And also paying in installments is much more risky for teams like us as it could lead to cashflow issues if the trigger falls in a quiet period.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:11:10 »

We look like we're following the Cambridge format from a few years back, strip what little assets are available and watch the club tumble out the league. I know its easy to be full of doom but we are only going one way now, who's going to sign for us in January? the team needs defensive reinforcements but what prem/championship club is going to loan us players when they're going to experience a tonking each week. If we sign non league players it could be high risk as we may end up with a squad of them, this is going to be a hard season to turn around and I still feel that ML isn't what we needed, I do hope he and the squad prove me wrong.

Suicide
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:23:27 »

For someone who's "given up" on the club you do tend to write a lot of crap on here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:28:34 »

Look on the bright side....Cambridge managed to hang about in the Conference and get back in the league, eventually. It's more your Torquays, Stockports and Herefords, you need to worry about.

We're not quite at the trap door yet, but the next 4 games will probably settle it. Should Lingy manage to keep his job into the new year, then at least if he is retained, he's experience of both Div 4 and the Conference.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:36:13 »

Look on the bright side....Cambridge managed to hang about in the Conference and get back in the league, eventually. It's more your Torquays, Stockports and Herefords, you need to worry about.

We're not quite at the trap door yet, but the next 4 games will probably settle it. Should Lingy manage to keep his job into the new year, then at least if he is retained, he's experience of both Div 4 and the Conference.

I agree Reg, we can be the first team in history relegated before Christmas. Why not eh?!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 13:58:33 »

The real issue with this argument is that as a fanbase we were all pretty much unanimously in agreement that the squad looked good when the transfer window closed and that we'd have another good season.

We didn't replace Byrne with a non leaguer, we signed Ajose who was wanted by the vast majority of the fan base. Unless Power is responsible for injuring our players deliberately and poor performances on the pitch it's really difficult to lay the blame at his door at this point in time.

Whether the coaching isn't up to scratch or the players simply aren't as good as we thought, the problem is not Lee Power, in my opinion.
Talk Talk

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 18:14:43 »

I'm now continually perturbed when I open a forum thread and at the top of the page it insists on saying "Go Down"

Sad
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 18:31:21 »

I agree Reg, we can be the first team in history relegated before Christmas. Why not eh?!

We've been there and done that in 1990....
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 18:39:00 »

The real issue with this argument is that as a fanbase we were all pretty much unanimously in agreement that the squad looked good when the transfer window closed and that we'd have another good season.

We didn't replace Byrne with a non leaguer, we signed Ajose who was wanted by the vast majority of the fan base. Unless Power is responsible for injuring our players deliberately and poor performances on the pitch it's really difficult to lay the blame at his door at this point in time.

Whether the coaching isn't up to scratch or the players simply aren't as good as we thought, the problem is not Lee Power, in my opinion.
Ajose was a replacement for Byrne in the sense we signed him using (I assume) money freed up by his departure.

However, on the playing side of things I would consider Ajose a replacement for Andy Williams and would suggest Ojaama was brought in with a view to replacing Byrne.

Ajose is a nothing footballer in that wide right role and I hope we play him in a central position in the future.

One thing I would criticise Lee Power for, and deservedly so, is his failure to draft in a temporary replacement for Nathan Thompson. Brad Barry is the worst player I can recall us fielding regularly at this level for some time - he is completely out of his depth and is costing us big time. Not his fault, the blame lies solely with Power. He hasn't got much wrong since he has been here, but for a 'football man' it staggers me how he thinks Barry is a competent player at football league level.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 19:46:49 »

Ajose replaces Byrne?

This place is full of lunatics.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 20:48:18 »

Would agree about Barry; he looks like a Sunday league player.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2015, 21:22:17 »

Is Nathan Thompson really that good ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: