Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale AFC V Swindon Town - FA Cup 1st Round Thread  (Read 33775 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 23:39:10 »

I was being facetious really Smiley I don't think he'd be here if absolutely nobody saw potential in him though.
As PlymRed pointed out, several players have been somewhat unfairly thrust into first team action that they're clearly not ready for. I can't imagine the plan was to have a guy with 0 experience play so many minutes, asked to play in a variety of positions and as part of a defence that is about as solid and consistent as a cupasoup. I find him less frustrating than Ojama who at least has some sort of reasonable background in football.

Neither did i and south wales & the valleys were part of my sales area until four years ago. The guy who took over from me when i moved areas was born at RAF Wroughton Princess Alexandria Hospital, now lives in Caerphilly considers hinself Welsh and told me this astounding fact. Going to Bracla next weekend for a family gathering (wifes side of the family), looking gorward to it TBH.

Brackla, as in Bridgend? I know that area very well, in fact I'm going there next week. Small world!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 23:53:44 »

I was being facetious really Smiley I don't think he'd be here if absolutely nobody saw potential in him though.
As PlymRed pointed out, several players have been somewhat unfairly thrust into first team action that they're clearly not ready for. I can't imagine the plan was to have a guy with 0 experience play so many minutes, asked to play in a variety of positions and as part of a defence that is about as solid and consistent as a cupasoup. I find him less frustrating than Ojama who at least has some sort of reasonable background in football.

Brackla, as in Bridgend? I know that area very well, in fact I'm going there next week. Small world!
Penn Y Bont, staying with Lenny Henry for the night..... Let you know the venue, it is a pub, which one i'm not sure, drop in and i'll buy you a Brains or Felinfeol pint.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, November 7, 2015, 23:57:45 »

Penn Y Bont, staying with Lenny Henry for the night..... Let you know the venue, it is a pub, which one i'm not sure, drop in and i'll buy you a Brains or Felinfeol pint.

Pen y bont, Literally means end of the bridge Smiley not a great place but if you are going to go there Brackla is reasonable.  Quite a few Brains pubs round there, not too bad. A pint of Brains Bitter is definitely preferable to some of the Arkells stuff!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 00:13:22 »

I'm familiar with the "butt" as in "hiya butt" but never heard the bay bit. You really do learn something every day on the TEF!
I've never heard the bay bit either & I'm 100% Welsh having been born here & lived in the Valleys all my life!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 00:16:42 »

The lack of fucks given towards the actual thread title is hilarious.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 00:27:25 »

Rodgers and Ojamma are joke players too but at least Rodgers has the odd moment of brilliance. Ojamma is still living off the the glory of his carefully edited YouTube archive and Barry is like the fat boy who is the sponsors son in Mike Bassett manager. Even a disinterested Kasim looks better than most of our team. Wish we could work out what's going on there.
Ojamaa is the most annoying for me. Clearly came with a rep & some pedigree & either isn't being utilised properly or just can't be arsed as the talent is clearly there. Rodgers is neat & tidy & is ok to bring on to help close games out when we're winning as his ball retention is very good but when we need to break teams down & penetrate he offers very little & at times has been a passenger this season. If he keeps Robert out next week then something is clearly wrong. As for Barry I've seen enough of him to conclude that he isn't good enough. As somebody mentioned earlier so many attacks come down our right hand side & Branco's performances have suffered as a result of having to cover Barry on numerous occasions. Sooner NT is back the better.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 00:44:56 »

I've never heard the bay bit either & I'm 100% Welsh having been born here & lived in the Valleys all my life!!

What's your links to Swindon?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 07:29:01 »

Quote from: Ells
. A pint of Brains Bitter is definitely preferable to some of the Arkells stuff!

well done, you've quite possibly found the only beer in the world Brains is preferable to.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 08:33:22 »

The lack of fucks given towards the actual thread title is hilarious.

The most depressing section was the piece on Greek cuisine.  When we won 16 home games on the bounce under Macari nobody had even heard of Halloumi let alone actually eaten the tasteless, utterly pretentious and over-rated Eastern Med crap.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 08:43:00 »

Pen y bont, Literally means end of the bridge Smiley not a great place but if you are going to go there Brackla is reasonable.  Quite a few Brains pubs round there, not too bad. A pint of Brains Bitter is definitely preferable to some of the Arkells stuff!
I disagree. There are no really bad real ales from any brewery. The problem is how they are kept in the cellar. Arkells when not kept well has the tendancy to be gash but then i habe had other gash beers too.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 08:47:58 »

I disagree. There are no really bad real ales from any brewery. The problem is how they are kept in the cellar. Arkells when not kept well has the tendancy to be gash but then i habe had other gash beers too.
[/quote

There's no such thing a s bad beer - just some are better than others.      Pint  Soapy Tit Wank

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 09:40:20 »

What's your links to Swindon?
My uncle, who is a lifelong Town fan & lived in Ramsbury, married into my family. He got to know I loved my football & took me to a game when I was 8. I was hooked & have been going ever since. Had a season ticket since 96/97!!!!!

Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 11:29:35 »

[/quote

There's no such thing a s bad beer - just some are better than others.      Pint  Soapy Tit Wank
What makes me smile is this "Arkells is shit" retoric. I'd put money on it that a lot of people who say it have never tried it. Or they are comitted lager drinkers who don't like real beer period and by that measure Arkells and all other real ales are shit by association. Also Arkells does feature very highly at beer festivals around the country and is highly regarded.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 13:32:01 by Red and Proud » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 11:38:51 »

What makes me smile is this "Arkells is shit" retoric. I'd put money on it that a lot of people who say it have never tried it. Or they are comitted lagar drinkers who don't like real beer period and by that measure Arkells and all other real ales are shit by association. Also Arkells does feature very highly at beer festivals around the country and is highly regarded.

Nowt wrong with Arkells, tasted a lot worse whilst travelling around the country.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, November 8, 2015, 12:04:54 »

Quote from: Red and Proud
What makes me smile is this "Arkells is shit" retoric. I'd put money on it that a lot of people who say it have never tried it. Or they are comitted lagar drinkers who don't like real beer period and by that measure Arkells and all other real ales are shit by association. Also Arkells does feature very highly at beer festivals around the country and is highly regarded.

nope, I've only very rarely drunk larger for about 15 years.

it comes down to personal taste, and I can't stand 2b or 3b which tastes to me like I'd imagine liquid shit to taste. hurricane is alright at a push.

on the local big brewers, give me a 6x or gem any day.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: