Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New manger  (Read 7598 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 07:21:53 »

remember that time you got refused entry and things escalated to mechetegate...

that sounded funny
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 09:02:09 »

Get away in one.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 12:36:32 »

Getting back to the original point...our manager churn in the last 5 years, is pretty similar or sometimes slightly down on the other 2 sets of 5 this century.  We've had 5, Wilson, Hart, PdC, KMac and Cooper. Of these 5, 3 were sacked, 2 walked.

Of the 3 sacked, all failed to turn around struggling sides....sometimes struggling can be a relative thing, so for instance John Gorman survived the Prem season, because nobody was surprised and so he wasn't seen as accountable.

As far as Lingy is concerned. Power has stated he thinks we're in a false position, so he will expect a more or less immediate winning run.   Should that not transpire, then it is entirely conceivable he'll be gone before the season's end, or more unlikely decide enough is enough and walk.

Realistically football management isn't a job where you expect to hang about for long....the compensation being that if sacked you're guaranteed your contract being paid up.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 12:48:20 »

Most of us expect a fairly immediate upturn of results.

Improving performances are no good without the points to back them up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 13:04:48 »

Most of us expect a fairly immediate upturn of results.

Improving performances are no good without the points to back them up.

We've taken the lead in a game once, at Donny, since doing so briefly at Barnsley 10 games ago....we've still got a lot to do to be remotely competitive....improve performances and points will follow.

BTW, Barnsley have contrived to lose 7 in row, not long after beating us 4-1.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 13:48:09 »

Yeah, Barnsley seem surprisingly shite without our excuse of wholesale injuries.

Seems Mawson didn't have much of a choice after all
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 14:05:40 »

Ken = Albert
Combe Down

« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 08:27:14 »

Crucially, do we know what the political persuasion of the new manager is? Do you know, I don't give a fuck; just like I didn't with any ex-manager. Ken Beamish could have supported the Monster Raving Loony Party for all I care. QED.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 08:41:47 »

Crucially, do we know what the political persuasion of the new manager is? Do you know, I don't give a fuck; just like I didn't with any ex-manager. Ken Beamish could have supported the Monster Raving Loony Party for all I care. QED.

Even more importantly, he doesn't parade his politics, nor appear to treat players based on its principles.

Ken Beamish definitely supported the MRLP.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 09:00:33 »

He likes cheddar, we need know nothing else.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 10:50:12 »

He likes cheddar, we need know nothing else.

Cheese does not end at cheddar, we need to know what other cheeses (if any) he likes.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: