Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where have all the wasps gone?  (Read 6784 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 12:41:32 »

Wasps are bees with  small man syndrome.

Cheesy ironically it's only the females that can sting though isn't it? That might explain why they're so grumpy.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 12:54:45 »

I have a wasps nest under my back bedroom window - can't be arsed to get it removed as they were keeping the flies at bay and annoying the neighbour... who has fruit trees
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 11:00:20 by @MacPhlea » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 12:54:59 »

This is a good question....I hadn't really noticed until it was posed, but yes there does seem to be a jasper shortage this year.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:00:05 »

Cheesy ironically it's only the females that can sting though isn't it? That might explain why they're so grumpy.

Yes it is. Yes it does Smiley
Talk Talk

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:06:20 »

This is a good question....I hadn't really noticed until it was posed, but yes there does seem to be a jasper shortage this year.

We've had a procession of dazed looking wasps stumbling around inside near various windows in the house over the summer. Then they disappear again. Very weird...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:10:56 »

Bee numbers were up where I live, wasps were down for sure, but so were mosquitos, which is strange as they are part of the wasps staple diet. Its all to do with the planet being fucked.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 14:43:23 »

Bee numbers were up where I live, wasps were down for sure, but so were mosquitos, which is strange as they are part of the wasps staple diet. Its all to do with the planet being fucked.

You're still taking Saturday quite hard then.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:01:29 »

Christ how many of you have for fruit trees, its getting like County Living on here.... We will be discussing Aga's next!
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 15:43:49 »

They've all moved to Denmark.
Only about 3-4 weeks ago I stopped getting harassed by the fuckers
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 16:27:24 »

Coventry
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 17:56:45 »

Ladybirds are actually known to bite if there's too many of them. Occasionally they have a population explosion and they eat all their prey (aphids) leaving no food left. Forced through starvation they then try to eat anything, people included.

I think they release some sort of acid from their knee caps....or something like that.

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 19:07:25 »

I think they release some sort of acid from their knee caps....or something like that.
I thought that was Bez?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 10:41:02 »

Christ how many of you have for fruit trees, its getting like County Living on here.... We will be discussing Aga's next!

2 apple trees, one plum, and a cob nut tree. Squirrels stripped the plum and nut tree, before we could get any. I've even seen them eating the apples, which i didnt know they did.
Stevens

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 10:58:42 »

Yes I have a S-Series Aga - my girlfriend loves it, I'm clueless and will stay that way. Couldn't comment if you want to discuss them. Grin

Fruit trees - three greengages, one apple, two pear - need to cut them down too old to keep picking, tidying up etc.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 5, 2015, 15:30:43 »

I went to Pagham is Sussex in the later Summer and I can confirm that all the wasps have moved there.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: