Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan Athletic F.C. v Swindon Town F.C. Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25223 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 07:58:02 »

It's been one of the most used words of late
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 09:19:51 »

The time wasting is annoying when you are on a good run and playing someone who would be happy with a draw. Happened loads to us last year, happens all over the country and you have to be good enough to deal with it.

The guy from Wigan probably just forgot what its like.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 09:47:58 »

Probably expected the hooter to blow.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 09:51:11 »

We did indeed, however the performances were vastly improved from the previous games where we looked shit defensively, no attacking threat and shit tackling/desire. It's not been like that the last 2 games, hence step in the right direction.

To be fair we have  played 2 of thr best teams in the league in these games as well.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 10:16:50 »

Probably expected the hooter to blow.

It was all very strange up there, they had a drummer (of course they did...), from kick off he led them through a playlist of chants all the way up to the 5th minute when they just stopped and there was barely a peep out of them for the following 85 aside from the hostile booing of Vigs'.

Albert would have loved the hockey like atmosphere.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 10:19:15 »

I've been to every league game apart from Blackpool, believe me today was a massive step in the right direction.  Very unlucky to lose that in the end.  I suspect we'll see two up front next week now that we actually have two forwards fit, could be back to wing-backs, could be a diamond midfield with a flat back four but either way we should be more threatening.

If all you quantify the right direction being is results you'd have been pleased after Donny where we were rank. 

Diamond sounds good, especially with lack of wingers in our team (Ojaama No ). Play Robert in behind ajose and Obika and we'd be a massive threat I reckon. It worked at Crewe
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 10:23:31 »

Would just like to say how fitting it was and how much it delight it gave me that your goalkeeper was the one to give us the 3 points by dropping the ball after the embarrassing time wasting from the 1st to 90th by him (still can't believe it took the ref 90 minutes to have the balls to get his card out)! You were good enough on the ball not to be doing that sh
8t and probably could have created more chances to actually pinch the game if those embarrassing tactics weren't implemented.

Other than that i think you'll be fine and good travelling support today!  Bye

I don't understand. If he hadn't wasted all that time, you wouldn't have had time to score.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:17:40 »

Gutted to lose like that but most uplifting performance I've seen all season. End of October, given league position we're in a relegation fight. To get to 50 points, we need 37 out of 90 available. That's basically lower / mid table form. We played today like a team who's better than that, if we continue to improve, we've got a fighting chance.

50 points occasionally keeps you up, but often like last season takes you down.  52 is a better target, usually enough unless you're very unlucky, like us in 81/82.

As I pointed out yesterday, if we don't get much from the next 4 games, then we're looking at PO form for the rest of the season....a couple of wins from the next 4 are pivotal in our relegation battle.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:24:44 »

Can't be bothered looking at the fixtures, what are our 4 next games Reg?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:35:00 »

My hope Reg is that the other teams around us are genuinely rubbish and will continue to be so, we're not rubbish (granted we have been rubbish recently), we've been incredibly unfortunate.

Sides currently residing in the play-offs have won 4 more games than us, that's not a huge gap, not that I'm insinuating we could catch them.  Rochdale seem comfortable in mid-table with only 2 more wins than us. 

We were much stronger defensively yesterday, El-Abd starting to look like the player we needed to sign.  Even Barry is getting better so is starting to look like he can offer sufficient cover once Nathan is back.  This side of things will see us picking up points soon. 

Rochdale next weekend is a plus as it's not a league game so more game time for the lads that came off the bench yesterday to be ready in time to take on Scunthorpe before we climb out of the relegation places at Fleetwood.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:36:05 »

Scunthrope, fleetwood, walsall, chesterfield
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:37:14 »

Can't be bothered looking at the fixtures, what are our 4 next games Reg?

Scunny (h)
Fleetwood (a)
Walsall (h)
Chesterfield (a)

The Scunny game, is pretty much must win.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:40:58 »

Ta.

Walsall always beat us at the CG don't they? I think we can get 7 points from those games.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:42:02 »

Scunny (h)
Fleetwood (a)
Walsall (h)
Chesterfield (a)

The Scunny game, is pretty much must win.

In the current situation we find ourselvers they're all pretty much "must" win games.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 11:49:40 »

Ta.

Walsall always beat us at the CG don't they? I think we can get 7 points from those games.

Last couple of seasons they've scored 3 at the CG....you wouldn't expect much from that game. Scunny are having a decent season, but have lost 5 away games, they score a lot, and ship a lot....the sort of game where you can pick up a win, with a decent performance.

Fleetwood are struggling as well so a 6 pointer, Chesterfield don't seem as good as last season, when their open style suited us....they also seem better away than home, so a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: