Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan Athletic F.C. v Swindon Town F.C. Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24914 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 12:12:27 »

In the current situation we find ourselvers they're all pretty much "must" win games.

But we know you can't win every game.  The reason, I think Scunny is so important, is that to have a chance of staying up, we have to turn round the home form, which is historically bad.

Since the formation of Div 3 in 58, in all our seasons in it, having only won 1 home game from the first 8 is unprecedented shitness....and there's been some shit.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 13:28:04 »

Anyway, berniman needs to do the kit sponsors draw

Yep, good point...  I'll get it sorted soon

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 15:23:43 »

But we know you can't win every game.  The reason, I think Scunny is so important, is that to have a chance of staying up, we have to turn round the home form, which is historically bad.

Since the formation of Div 3 in 58, in all our seasons in it, having only won 1 home game from the first 8 is unprecedented shitness....and there's been some shit.
In isolation, yes, i'm looking at the play-offs so i stick by my comment. Yes would not argue with your last sentence.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 16:15:21 »

Rochdale next weekend is a plus as it's not a league game so more game time for the lads that came off the bench yesterday to be ready in time to take on Scunthorpe before we climb out of the relegation places at Fleetwood.

Was thinking the same, FA Cup next weekend a great opportunity for us to take another step in the right direction without three points at stake. Then I thought about what's happened to us in the 1st round in the last couple of seasons.....please god let's not have a repeat of that at this stage of the road to recovery. Anyway back to yesterday, can actually see how we might get back to winning ways in a week or two based on the performance. As others have said massive improvement, particularly on the shit that was served up at Millwall only a fortnight ago, never mind next win, back then I couldn't see how we'd have a shot on goal ever again. Thought our fans were great yesterday as well, never stopped getting behind the team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 18:00:28 »

Some positive reports from those who actually went.

FA Cup next week, league oppo, so I'm bothered enough to hope for a win but not enough to get upset if we don't.

I have melted down...especially after that shit at Oxford but Cov and yesterday's game gives me a bit of hope.

Defeat I can take.....it's the manner of defeat I cannot.

Clems Army!
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 19:00:04 »

Defeat I can take.....it's the manner of defeat I cannot.

Agreed. Some of the recent home performances have been so lacklustre, it gets bad when even Oxford fans were showing some sympathy on Twitter afterwards.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 19:25:20 »

Was thinking the same, FA Cup next weekend a great opportunity for us to take another step in the right direction without three points at stake. Then I thought about what's happened to us in the 1st round in the last couple of seasons.....please god let's not have a repeat of that at this stage of the road to recovery. Anyway back to yesterday, can actually see how we might get back to winning ways in a week or two based on the performance. As others have said massive improvement, particularly on the shit that was served up at Millwall only a fortnight ago, never mind next win, back then I couldn't see how we'd have a shot on goal ever again. Thought our fans were great yesterday as well, never stopped getting behind the team.

Good to catch up,with you and Phil yesterday.
To say I was gutted after that positive performance would be an understatement.
With the players coming back and Rogers and Barry moving to squad players we are going to be ok.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 20:12:13 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but 'twas a decent atmos yesterday. Town fans certainly made themselves heard. Not the worst new build and walking distance from an array of pubs in the town centre. Shame the wigan pier pub has closed down.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 21:07:32 »

I've not been to Wigan, but I know the ground isn't too far out as I've seen it from the train on the way to Carlisle. Anyway feeling a little better than yesterday, for those concerned I was melting down...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: