Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wigan Athletic F.C. v Swindon Town F.C. Official Matchday Thread  (Read 25286 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 18:48:16 »

Might as well appoint him now then

I'd imagine it's just a matter of drawing up contracts etc....looks like Audrey nailed it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 18:52:30 »

not Impossible it'll be us that hauls on out of it

Of course it's not, but something must change pdq, as if you look at some of our results against seeming fellow strugglers, like losing to Barnsley, Blackpool and Oldham, it doesn't look too clever.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 18:56:47 »

Of course it's not, but something must change pdq, as if you look at some of our results against seeming fellow strugglers, like losing to Barnsley, Blackpool and Oldham, it doesn't look too clever.
Neither was having 8/9 injured (barnsley apart) which caused this shit run. Its 2 weeks until our next league game and we should be in a much better position with regards to available players. Today and Coventry were a step in the right direction.

We'll be ok
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 19:06:21 »

Neither was having 8/9 injured (barnsley apart) which caused this shit run. Its 2 weeks until our next league game and we should be in a much better position with regards to available players. Today and Coventry were a step in the right direction.

We'll be ok

Injuries don't help, that's for sure.  But they happen in football...we had a weakened team for the Crewe game, but a kid Tom Smith turned the game on its head, by scoring a cracker....we need more of that sort of thing, from the newbies.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:32:00 »

We'll be ok
How is today and Coventry "a step in the right direction"?
I thought we got beat today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:38:36 »

Hi Albert  Bye
Flashheart

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:41:48 »

I'm not biting.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:43:40 »

We did indeed, however the performances were vastly improved from the previous games where we looked shit defensively, no attacking threat and shit tackling/desire. It's not been like that the last 2 games, hence step in the right direction.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:52:58 »

I've been to every league game apart from Blackpool, believe me today was a massive step in the right direction.  Very unlucky to lose that in the end.  I suspect we'll see two up front next week now that we actually have two forwards fit, could be back to wing-backs, could be a diamond midfield with a flat back four but either way we should be more threatening.

If all you quantify the right direction being is results you'd have been pleased after Donny where we were rank. 
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 20:57:17 »

Anyone can see that from the first four games in October to the last two games performances have improved. Results will come as we get players back and a new manger is employed with new ideas and a new impetus.

We cannot survive in this league without 4/5 key players who have been out recently for various reasons and we are now getting these back with more to come closer to Christmas.

Without clean sheets however we will struggle, we were 30 seconds away today to a top team from the first clean sheet since August.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 21:08:02 »

Hi Albert  Bye
My memorabilia consists of a  Gwent constabulary tit head badge,a scar on my left thigh caused by an over zealous police dog and a couple of others that i dare not mention.
So there.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 21:34:51 »

Gutted to lose like that but most uplifting performance I've seen all season. End of October, given league position we're in a relegation fight. To get to 50 points, we need 37 out of 90 available. That's basically lower / mid table form. We played today like a team who's better than that, if we continue to improve, we've got a fighting chance.
Jimmy_WAFC

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 23:34:09 »

Would just like to say how fitting it was and how much it delight it gave me that your goalkeeper was the one to give us the 3 points by dropping the ball after the embarrassing time wasting from the 1st to 90th by him (still can't believe it took the ref 90 minutes to have the balls to get his card out)! You were good enough on the ball not to be doing that sh
8t and probably could have created more chances to actually pinch the game if those embarrassing tactics weren't implemented.

Other than that i think you'll be fine and good travelling support today!  Bye
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 23:38:11 by Jimmy_WAFC » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 31, 2015, 23:46:38 »

How fitting it is that you haven't given your team any credit in your great match analysis Bye
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, November 1, 2015, 00:54:56 »

You're allowed to say shit on here. We're adults. Well. Technically anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: