Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finally the Penny Drops Regarding New Ground Locations  (Read 11641 times)
Combe Down

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 07:42:51 »

I consider pubs close to the ground to be Brentford style, not walking from the Goddards to the CG! Surely the Swiss Chalet is closer but I wouldn't that say was near to the ground
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 08:10:53 »

If it is far enough that the walk from the pubbe to the CG allows you to perfect the art of appearing sober to The Old Bill and The Stewards, then it is close enough.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, December 3, 2015, 08:30:46 »

I consider pubs close to the ground to be Brentford style, not walking from the Goddards to the CG! Surely the Swiss Chalet is closer but I wouldn't that say was near to the ground

So you're using the only ground in the country with a pub literally on each corner as your benchmark?

Good one
Combe Down

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 07:42:43 »

No, I'm using it as my measurement. 'Benchmark' is in a book of unbearable office jargon called 'Who touched base in my thought shower'.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 08:04:38 »

benchmark
n   noun
1   a standard or point of reference against which things may be compared or assessed.
2   a surveyor's mark cut in a wall or building and used as a reference point in measuring altitudes.
n   verb evaluate or check by comparison with a benchmark.

It's not 'office jargon' at all. To use 'measurement' in this context would make no sense.
REDBUCK

« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 08:09:40 »

That's not fair using real words in their proper context.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 08:14:26 »

Damn. Sorry!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 08:33:30 »

No, I'm using it as my measurement. 'Benchmark' is in a book of unbearable office jargon called 'Who touched base in my thought shower'.

My new (soon to be ex) boss was on about 'solutionising' yesterday. Fuck you cunt.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 08:35:52 »

benchmark
n   noun
1   a standard or point of reference against which things may be compared or assessed.
2   a poster's remark made in a forum or thread and used as a reference point in measuring attitudes.

It's not 'office jargon' at all. To use 'measurement' in this context would make no sense.

Fixed it for you.
Combe Down

« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 13:35:24 »

benchmark
n   noun
2   a surveyor's mark cut in a wall or building and used as a reference point in measuring altitudes.

It's jargon and its used in offices.

I repeat: "'Benchmark' is in a book of unbearable office jargon called 'Who touched base in my thought shower'." That is fact.

The start of this exchange were the comments of an Oxford fan (who you are attempting to agree with!). Comments included:

"Can't agree with Swindon's ground being in a shite location, though.

Very accessible, town centre ground. It may be decrepit but it's a great location - loads of pubs"

There are not loads of pubs at Swindon's ground.

Goodbye.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 13:45:35 »

Someone in my work used 'communication event' for a telephone call.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 13:49:29 »

It's jargon and its used in offices.

I repeat: "'Benchmark' is in a book of unbearable office jargon called 'Who touched base in my thought shower'." That is fact.
Oh, it's in a book. One of those "amusing" toilet books you get bought for Christmas by people who don't know you. Standard works of reference they are. So that's definitive then. Discussion closed.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #27 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 16:42:23 »

Someone in my work used 'communication event' for a telephone call.

By that logic, any email, phone call, letter or verbal exchange is a 'communication event'.
Randle

I must be crazy to be in a loony bin like this.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, December 4, 2015, 17:23:32 »

By that logic, any email, phone call, letter or verbal exchange is a 'communication event'.

Indeed, we're having an event right now.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, December 11, 2015, 15:34:50 »

I'd just like to reach out to you all so you're aware that a communication event took place between the various stakeholders whilst I was halfway through my daily bowel movements today.

Incidentally, the daily bowel movements were scheduled by the various stakeholders to coincide with my daily alcohol replenishment breakout period and subsequently infringed into my safe space.

As a result of this infringement, I have written a letter to Jeremy Corbyn in the hope that he can read it out in the House of Commons in order to highlight what a fucking weak, limp wristed fairy I am in front of the whole country.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: