Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Coventry - Matchday Thread  (Read 23908 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 21:07:53 »

Anyone else notice the sorry state of our floodlights today?

I could've sworn they've been like that for as long as I can remember, I certainly can't recall ever noticing them all alight.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 21:10:01 »

I have it on quite good authority that the floodlights are to be improved soon. Mainly because they don't meet league (Sky tv) regulations

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 21:20:48 »

I could've sworn they've been like that for as long as I can remember, I certainly can't recall ever noticing them all alight.

Same here, I think they were like the the last time I was at the CG.

I think I read somewhere that the bulbs are incredibly expensive.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 21:43:54 »

Sky highlights

http://www.skysports.com/footballleague/championship/video/10042400/swindon-2-2-coventry

Thought both pens were soft
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 21:59:31 »

yup, their keeper was on for the Coventry consecutive clean sheets record today... until gladwin.

Think he got it as our goals were late in the game.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 22:10:05 »

I think he would've got it about ten minutes into the next game? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

I don't think I've ever seen all of the floodlights on, going back decades.

Speaking of going back decades, I remember a match Vs Grimsby in the McMahon era, when we were 2-1 down in stoppage time and we won it 3-2. I met my mate in the car park; he'd left early. Needless to say, his view of the game was very different from mine!

"Absolute Calamity!"
Talk Talk

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 22:21:43 »

Gazza left after their second goal and I said to the guys on my left "he's going to miss the best twelve minutes of the season, the wanker"

I haven't jumped up and down and screamed and shouted so much for ages

Brilliant. Definitely a win if you know what I mean

The whole match was thoroughly enjoyable. I am the STFC lucky charm  Smug Fuck Off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 22:25:32 »

Yep, after 78 minutes beating Steve Ogrizovic I believe.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 22:49:37 »

My brother bought me this season's home shirt for my 40th at the end of August.  We've lost every home game since when I've been wearing it.  Today I reverted to my Samsung 2012 shirt and my son wore his Samsung 2014 one instead of this season's away one.  I think we shall do the same next game.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 23:03:53 »

My brother bought me this season's home shirt for my 40th at the end of August.  We've lost every home game since when I've been wearing it.  Today I reverted to my Samsung 2012 shirt and my son wore his Samsung 2014 one instead of this season's away one.  I think we shall do the same next game.

Haha superstitions eh
Or just coincidence.

Have to admit feeling the same in the past over various things
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 00:07:41 »

Neither of those were penalties. Hopefully that's the turn around for us.
Amir

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 02:59:06 »

I felt our luck might turn a little yesterday, and I had a tenner on us at 20/1 when it was 0-1. Shame I didn't wait until 0-2 and go for a draw, although I suspect I would have thought we were buried at that point(by the time I'd finished doing something it was 1-2).
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 07:16:58 »

After all the early season fuss about Ryan Kent, I'm not sure we really did miss out. Looking at their forum, seems his performance yesterday was what they've got used to from him. Not as good as Pritchard, for example.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, October 25, 2015, 08:40:36 »

In very hot Bali at present via Perth so only got to half time on the Twitter before succumbing to the alcoholic beverages. Got to say that reading the consensus, a draw was what I would have taken before the game. Good to see some of the more "senior"players back. Another point or even better will do next Saturday.
  Yes

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, October 26, 2015, 14:19:21 »

Well, we got a point Pint

Coventry did us a favour I think as they looked to play the game to their strengths as opposed to playing to spoil our game. Made for a good game to watch though.

I reckon both pens were spot on though wondered for a while whether the ref was going to give ours.

Rodgers is a very static player with few challenges on loose or 50/50 balls. He then fucks up my dislike of him by making some sublime passes.

Barry was a relatively ineffectual presence but saved himself in my eyes with a goal line clearance in the first half.

Brophy is going to be a real talent. Not surprised he gets subbed off. Young and easily tired and we need to protect and nurture him. he will be the next 6 figure plus transfer out.

Gladwin took his goal very well and I like his industry and 'fuck you' tenacity. Yes, he gets dispossessed occasionally but he keeps trying. I think he is a better footballer than he was when he left us.

Their two goals?

The first was from a cross that should never have been put in. Our players too slow to chase it down- expecting it to go out for a goal kick? Vigs had no choice but to try for it once it was floating. Perhaps Turnbull or 6 pack should have shouted.

The second- well saved penalty by Vigs. Why were our defence last to react? Our penalty practice should include defending pens by starting a run from well outside the area so that we have a good head of steam up when Vigs gets to the ball and can't hang on. I think that is 3 he has saved since he joined us.

Overall a good battling performance and something to build on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: