Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wrongly charged  (Read 7555 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:20:37 »

Got to admit I rarely carry cash these days. There's very little reason to. Can even pay for pre-match beers in The Merlin by card.

The only cash transaction I miss is betting. Nothing better than picking up a proper wedge of folding from the bookies.

But I even do that online now.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:22:46 »

Just go an nick £50 worth of stuff. Sorted.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:29:59 »

Any updates? I'm sat here constantly refreshing desperate to know if this gets resolved.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:50:08 »

Got to admit I rarely carry cash these days. There's very little reason to. Can even pay for pre-match beers in The Merlin by card.

The only cash transaction I miss is betting. Nothing better than picking up a proper wedge of folding from the bookies.

God I hate standing behind people like you in pubs! What is even more frustrating is students habits of insisting on buying their own drinks separately now being exacerbated by then each insisting on paying by card!

I meant to say - I assume you actually went into the shop on the day that the dodgy transaction occurred - its not just a scam?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 11:58:43 »

It's quicker than paying cash and waiting for change
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:20:52 »

With in store cameras and a computerised till? I imagine they should be able to do something.

This.

Completely absurd to say they cannot trace if you can specify the date and approx time.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:31:21 »

Good luck to you when the complete banking system goes down. And it will. I always keep a couple of hundred cash in the house for that eventuality. I wont be looking longingly in M&S window flicking my useless piece of plastic. I will however get mugged for my loaf of bread when I come out of there though. But i'll still be feeling smug. Bruised but smug Wink
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 14:28:22 »

You go to M&S for a loaf of bread? You flash fuck
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 15:40:37 »

A similar thing happened to me some years ago at a Diy store . I spoke to my bank and it turned out that for some reason I had paid for the following customers goods as well . So I suggest you contact yur bank

ome on you reds
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 15:45:02 »

God I hate standing behind people like you in pubs! What is even more frustrating is students habits of insisting on buying their own drinks separately now being exacerbated by then each insisting on paying by card!

I meant to say - I assume you actually went into the shop on the day that the dodgy transaction occurred - its not just a scam?

Using a card in a pub is just wrong and should only happen in the gravest of emergencies.  I wonder if Cameron paid for Xi's pint of Greene King IPA by card.....sort of chap who would.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 15:46:41 »

I know right?!

FTR, I only go to M&S for my fettuccini, my brioche and my guava!

The rest of my shop I'll slum getting it from Ocado.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Talk Talk

« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 16:04:35 »

It's quicker than paying cash and waiting for change

If you tap your card (if they have a reader) then it's quicker than anything, even the right money cash. No receipt printing, nothing. Thirty quid limit also a bonus now.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 16:16:45 »

Yup did this morning, problem is there is an M&S food 20 yards from the bottom of the drive. The next nearest is a Waitrose which if anything is dearer. Nearest Supermarket is an Asda about 2 miles away, and frankly you couldn't pay me enough to go in there. So M&S it is.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 16:18:15 »

Using a card in a pub is just wrong and should only happen in the gravest of emergencies.  I wonder if Cameron paid for Xi's pint of Greene King IPA by card.....sort of chap who would.

Agreed!! Our local now takes cards and offers cash back - excuse for a pint and avoid having to walk into town - but only time I ever use my card in such circumstances!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 23, 2015, 16:35:50 »

I thought this thread was going to be about Auderey's mistaken contribution to operation yewtree
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: