Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham official matchday thread  (Read 29046 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:04:54 »

Even someone like Andy Gurney who was at best a terrible footballer

It's interesting how similar this season is looking to 00/01.  At that stage we had 12 from 14 and were in the relegation zone. We managed to get the magic 52, just enough with Rovers' last week implosion. The extra 40 were made of 10 wins and 10 draws. Kingy more or less went into grinding mode when getting the job about this time....kicking provided by Sol Davis.

Good luck to Power if he thinks we can play our way of this....it's brave.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:41:05 »

as if Saturday wasn't difficult enough, now this

http://mobile.football-league.co.uk//news/article/2015/coventry-citys-reice-charles-cook-making-history-between-the-sticks-2756027.aspx
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:48:36 »

2nd goal is horrific. Barry needlessly gives ball straight to Oldham player, and follows that up with a too short hospital pass to Branco which he just about clears to Kasim who then carelessly returns it far too far in front of Branco. Balmy doesn't bother to track back allowing Oldham full back all the time he needs to cross which Rodgers caught wrong footed stretches for but rather than clear presents Oldham with winner on a plate. Only Branco and clearly pissed off Vigoroux look in anyway bothered by fact that 2 minutes after Ajose goal gave us unexpected glimmer of hope we completely gift them a winning goal.
All true but should add that Branco also had a good chance to clear at the start of the move and Kasim did look upset about the goal with his hands over his face and a bit of an argument with Ajose as they went back to the centre spot.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 18:48:43 »

Coventry haven't won a league game at the CG since 1960, of course not that many played in the intervening years.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 19:12:31 »

Our goal shows how simple it can be. 4 passes to set up Ajose.

And a lovely composed finish

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 20:09:32 »

Even someone like Andy Gurney who was at best a terrible footballer

Roberto Carlos free kick at Leeds....just after I told my mate it would end up in the stand...

Clems Army!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 20:59:05 »

Roberto Carlos free kick at Leeds....just after I told my mate it would end up in the stand...
Cracking game. Local TV highlights pundit Neil Warnock said a lot of good stuff about us that night - probably the only time I quite liked him.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 02:10:38 »

It's interesting how similar this season is looking to 00/01.  At that stage we had 12 from 14 and were in the relegation zone. We managed to get the magic 52, just enough with Rovers' last week implosion. The extra 40 were made of 10 wins and 10 draws. Kingy more or less went into grinding mode when getting the job about this time....kicking provided by Sol Davis.

Good luck to Power if he thinks we can play our way of this....it's brave.

Sol Davis was fucking ace. Went on to have an ok Championship career didn't he? Luton? Can't remember.

Solid left back who isn't scared to be a bit dirty is a bit of a rarity at our level. Seems a long time ago now, but he was alright with the ball at his feet too?

It can't have been a huge gap until his replacement was David Duke.

John 11:35
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 04:31:01 »

BOO is so bad, I found myself yearning for Callum Kennedy. Likewise with Anton Rogers/Bobby Howe... and I hated Bobby Howe.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 06:31:54 »

Quote from: LucienSanchez
BOO is so bad, I found myself yearning for Callum Kennedy. Likewise with Anton Rogers/Bobby Howe... and I hated Bobby Howe.

that last one is odd, because "bobby Howe's sexy football" was going around my head after the pdc chant went up.
REDBUCK

« Reply #280 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 07:37:46 »

I think you've misunderstood the Williams way. There is no such thing as a defender, they are all ball players full of flicks and tricks and one touch football judged on pass completion stats. Rogers being a prime example of this.

Its all zonal defending marking the space, no actual tacking or first time clearances, no nudge in the back, no clipping of ankles, nothing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 08:06:58 »

Quote from: REDBUCK
Its all zonal defending marking the space, no actual tacking or first time clearances, no nudge in the back, no clipping of ankles, nothing.

exactly. shadow boxing Sad
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Thursday, October 22, 2015, 18:27:54 »

Another thing worth mentioing is the fact that Ojamaa didn't even get off the bench when we were crying out for a bit of creativity. He's been a massive disappointment so far. It wouldn't surprise me to see a mutual parting of ways within a couple of weeks if he doesn't manage to turn things round!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: