Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham official matchday thread  (Read 28613 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 11:41:41 »

I was pleased for Ajose, he took his goal very well...

Feel like Ajose could be our saving grace, if given the chances he will score and can go on a streak.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 12:00:48 »

I'm struggling to understand how our style of play is supposed to achieve the best chance of winning game.
I'm not sure that it's meant to. I think it's meant to win just enough games to keep us going, but the main motivation is to act as a development factory for young talent we either sell on or are nurturing for proper football clubs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 12:02:18 »

Feel like Ajose could be our saving grace, if given the chances he will score and can go on a streak.
He'll have to put in more bloody effort than he did last night then. Lost count of the number of times he just didn't react as a ball sailed past him. They weren't even half chances, much less good chances, but I'd like to at least see him feign an attempt to win the ball.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 12:04:30 »

He'll have to put in more bloody effort than he did last night then. Lost count of the number of times he just didn't react as a ball sailed past him. They weren't even half chances, much less good chances, but I'd like to at least see him feign an attempt to win the ball.

He's well out of sorts. To be fair he's got very little chance when he's up top on his own (no choice I guess). But at least loo like you give a stuff.

And don't get me started on Gladwin shooting into a defender when he had two runners ahead of him in great positions,
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 12:39:14 »

That second goal was horrifically bad from us. Why couldn't someone just smash the fucking ball away, game management is absolutely non-existant
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:30:54 »

not sure if I've mentioned it, but the one thing that me mad with rage yesterday was our total reluctance to put in a tackle when losing.

it was crying out for someone to lead by example, even if that someone got a yellow card for their troubles. kasim should be that man, but if not then I hope to fuck LT is back soon.

in fact the only positive response I saw was for a few minutes after the sarcastic cheering after we had a shot.

That wasn't sarcasm. It was genuine celebration at making their keeper do something...
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:33:02 »

Amongst all the doom and gloom one thing made me smile last night, ball ends up on the Stratton Bank, two ball boys sat up there together, neither makes any attempt to retrieve and return the ball so our goalkeeper has to go 15 rows up the bank to get it for himself!!  Perhaps said ball boys were asleep or just thought "Fuck you lot, you want the ball, you go get the fucking thing yourself!"

Didn't that sum up the evening?! Ball boys who make the keeper go into the stands... At least Vig got applause for fetching it...
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 16:40:32 »

2nd goal is horrific. Barry needlessly gives ball straight to Oldham player, and follows that up with a too short hospital pass to Branco which he just about clears to Kasim who then carelessly returns it far too far in front of Branco. Balmy doesn't bother to track back allowing Oldham full back all the time he needs to cross which Rodgers caught wrong footed stretches for but rather than clear presents Oldham with winner on a plate. Only Branco and clearly pissed off Vigoroux look in anyway bothered by fact that 2 minutes after Ajose goal gave us unexpected glimmer of hope we completely gift them a winning goal.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
REDBUCK

« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:10:04 »

Thanks for the description, is the video any different.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:10:50 »

Jesus what an awful goal. I count six mistakes from us in the build up.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:26:44 »

Been a critic of our insistence on short pass outs from Vig, but our goal came from just that - Vig, then 2 passes later Ajose scores.

Reminded me a bit of one of our goals at Orient last season.

Ajose wont create his own chances but he will score when chances are made for him. Is it any surprise we have struggled to create with a midfield of Traore, Kasim and Rodgers.

The reverse of that, of course, should be a tighter defence.

Therein lies our major problem.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:38:27 »

not sure if I've mentioned it, but the one thing that me mad with rage yesterday was our total reluctance to put in a tackle when losing.

it was crying out for someone to lead by example, even if that someone got a yellow card for their troubles. kasim should be that man, but if not then I hope to fuck LT is back soon.

in fact the only positive response I saw was for a few minutes after the sarcastic cheering after we had a shot.

A scum supporting work colleague said as much after our Derby defeat.
He said we played alright, they played well - but their play matched the occasion. They were committed and wanted it more. They werent afraid to put tackles in but we were.
Even a shit player just to kick people would be an improvement.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:40:20 »

Where is Lee Collins nowadays?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:43:18 »

Lee Collins, Darren bullock, even Edwin fucking Murray. Just someone to shoe the opposition and breathe some life back into the crowd and team..

ok not Edwin Murray
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 17:45:23 »

Even someone like Andy Gurney who was at best a terrible footballer
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: