Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Oldham official matchday thread  (Read 29086 times)
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 07:44:46 »

So this Frankenstein experiment on my football club continues. Where are the crowd with the pitch forks to stop it?
It truly is like watching a car crash in slow motion. Coventry will rip us a new arse on Saturday, better start praying for snow.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 07:51:57 »

Coventry haven't scored in 3 matches.
That is sure to change dramatically on Saturday against our no-hopers, unfit and overrated prima donnas.
Kasim should be ashamed of himself.
Power is deluded.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 07:59:49 »

Are we still playing the newton's cradle formation?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:02:22 »

There was a slight improvement last night.... Until their first goal. Then heads dropped. The biggest issue we have isn't the style of play, it's the personnel available. Of those on the pitch only the central defenders and goalkeeper earned their money. Inexperience from many showed, but Kasim's 'couldn't give a fuck' attitude was the biggest disappointment. The sooner we get players back the better.

We will not go down this season.

It's All Good..............
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:09:48 »

Kasim worst game ever for us. Summed up by his piss poor half arsed free kick in first half. Even my 9 year old knew it was certain to end up in the seats half way up the Stratton Bank. He may offer virtually nothing else but as he can occasionally muster a half decent effort surely Rodgers should be taking them

Desperately looking for any sort of positives I was more impressed with Ajose than any other time I've seen him this season. He received the usual zero support or service but did keep his head up and keep working away and deserved his goal for that at least. Other than that Vigoroux being voted man of match for home game v a very ordinary Oldham team surely says it all

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:23:25 »

Last night showed that a basic 442 of average players willing to work hard both when in possession and when the opposition has possession gives you a good chance of getting 3 points.

Town's (Power's) set up showed that you'd be lucky to get 1 point at best.

I'm struggling to understand how our style of play is supposed to achieve the best chance of winning game. Pundits Hockaday and Alan Mac can see the failings, the fans can see the failings, so why can't Power?

Power had better let the new manager set the type of play, or we'll be in a relegation dog fight from now until Easter.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:24:27 »

What was the official attendance in the end?

(Not at the end.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Chrystovski

« Reply #247 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:32:25 »

I thought El Abd and Branco coped quite well with their attack considering the lack of support they received from the rest of the team.

A midfield trio of Rodgers, Kasim & Traore just doesn't work, all too similar, none of them get stuck in or create enough.
Traore was the best of bunch but still did not have enough influence on the game.
Kasim was truly shocking, his decision making at times was beyond belief and I lost count with the amount of times he gave the ball away cheaply.
Rodgers was just Rodgers, nothing else to say on him really.

Brad Barry and Boo look like they are out of their depth and could do with a season or two at Conference\League two level.

Vig's made some important saves but again I think a season at League 2 level would help him.

I was pleased for Ajose, he took his goal very well...It was the first decent ball we put forward to him in 4 or 5 games..It shows what he can do if you give him a bit of service.

Overall a bad performance (no surprise really) & with the attitude of some & the quality of others I fear and feel we are going down this season.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:37:08 »

There was a slight improvement last night.... Until their first goal. Then heads dropped. The biggest issue we have isn't the style of play, it's the personnel available. Of those on the pitch only the central defenders and goalkeeper earned their money. Inexperience from many showed, but Kasim's 'couldn't give a fuck' attitude was the biggest disappointment. The sooner we get players back the better.

We will not go down this season.

I wish I shared your optimism. You're right though the problem is the personnel available. The Power strategy is high risk, and this season a dodgy recruitment summer and some misfortune has found us out.

What is quite scary, is that we've only played 4 top 10 teams, and we've yet to hit any inclement weather or a dodgy pitch. We need 40 points from 32 games, so something like 12 wins and 4 draws would do it.

Sounds easy enough doesn't it, but to set a context, we won 16 from this stage last season.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:57:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:37:53 »

What was the official attendance in the end?

(Not at the end.)

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:49:23 »

not sure if I've mentioned it, but the one thing that me mad with rage yesterday was our total reluctance to put in a tackle when losing.

it was crying out for someone to lead by example, even if that someone got a yellow card for their troubles. kasim should be that man, but if not then I hope to fuck LT is back soon.

in fact the only positive response I saw was for a few minutes after the sarcastic cheering after we had a shot.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 08:52:38 »

Rain looking good. Could do with Saturday called off, hopefully see more players return and give it a proper go at Wigan. Would potentially give a new manager a week or so to try and make adjustments. Of course this won't happen and we'll get a Cov sized dicking at this rate.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 09:10:06 »

Perhaps Jay could do a banner?

Side pass
Concede
Defeat
Repeat
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 10:57:37 »

Amongst all the doom and gloom one thing made me smile last night, ball ends up on the Stratton Bank, two ball boys sat up there together, neither makes any attempt to retrieve and return the ball so our goalkeeper has to go 15 rows up the bank to get it for himself!!  Perhaps said ball boys were asleep or just thought "Fuck you lot, you want the ball, you go get the fucking thing yourself!"
Chrystovski

« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 11:15:54 »

Amongst all the doom and gloom one thing made me smile last night, ball ends up on the Stratton Bank, two ball boys sat up there together, neither makes any attempt to retrieve and return the ball so our goalkeeper has to go 15 rows up the bank to get it for himself!!  Perhaps said ball boys were asleep or just thought "Fuck you lot, you want the ball, you go get the fucking thing yourself!"

Whilst Power has employed ball boys their job is to just look the part whilst he fetches the balls.

What you didn't see was Power was just on his way over from the dugout  but Vigs got fed up of waiting.

Powers got the power
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: