Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper gone!  (Read 24767 times)
REDBUCK

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 22:26:49 »

I sometimes wonder if we have proper fans or just fuckin loons?!?? The comments made just make me wanna Scream......!!!!!

For those who keep having a pop at Lee? What the fuck are you on? Cooper should of gone ages ago? Ffs

Says he making no sense at all
UncleGary

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 23:58:04 »

Guess now we will see how much say Power had anyway if not much changes?

Yeah that's the thing that always worried me with Cooper: never quite sure how much of our success(ish) last couple of seasons was down to him. The fact remains though that during his time as manager Swindon have played some of the best football I can remember.

However, regardless of injuries, last few months has seen some of the most passionless, unimaginative and generally resigned football I can remember us playing (certainly since Hart), so regrettably it was definitely time for him to go. 79 minutes without a single shot on goal vs a struggling Millwall side is a bloody joke.
H

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 00:14:26 »

Cunt
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 01:45:01 »

Got to say that this is a rather strange decision by Cooper (if it is a resignation) as yes we have had bad results but the current injury situation would leave many managers in the deep doodah. Cannot see that Mr Power is going to work miracles in the short term and anyone who takes the job on has real difficulties until the end of November at least.

Oh well the usual STFC roller coaster ride is up to speed once again.

Head Hurts

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 05:39:01 »

Very disappointed and sorry to see Mark Cooper go. I think that he was part of a team at the club that has done very well over the last year or so.

I think he has conducted himself well and I am only sorry that he departs when his stock is low. I guess it will make it difficult for him to find another job in the near future. Its a shame that he didn't go at the end of the play off debacle. His stock would have been high and all would have wished him well after us having a better than expected year - which admittedly tailed away badly towards the end of the season.

There are always Mongs (with a capital M) around that bad mouth everyone and are unrealistic in their expectations. Unfortunately, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

It wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Darren Ward brought in. It also wouldn't surprise me to find out that the change at the top was scheduled to take place in a couple of weeks time, but Cooper left earlier than Power anticipated. But maybe I have been watching too many conspiracy theory programmes!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 05:48:22 »

Get rid of Williams as well please

I come from a land down-under
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 06:50:15 »

Its been on the cards for a while now. For me something hasnt been right since the summer and i think it was obvious Cooper would have gone at the end of the season anyway. Results have just moved thingd along quicker. Its probably for the best that we move on. Cooper done a half decent job here but i still think he should have got us up last season.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:14:07 »

I hope Ells baked that bloody cake.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:16:32 »

I see that twat AgentDarren from the PDC is piping up. He's such a bitter cunt
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:24:58 »

Cooper didn't endear himself to a lot of people because of the perceived lack of emotion at times.

i don't think too much needs to be read into Power taking charge of first team affairs - we aren't exactly blessed with experienced individuals.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 07:45:18 »

Quote from: Ticker45
Got to say that this is a rather strange decision by Cooper (if it is a resignation)

not believed to be a resignation is it? ASD certainly didn't think it was.

suspect Power has someone lined up or the timing is most odd.

suppose things behind the scenes could have forced his arm too.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 08:00:04 »

I see that twat AgentDarren from the PDC is piping up. He's such a bitter cunt

Ahhhh is that who I was "reasoning" with last night. The bloke is indeed very bitter.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 08:02:03 »

I'm surprised at the timing, with a game on Tuesday night, but something had to change.
Whoever the new manager is the first thing he needs to do is teach the players how to defend, at least make them difficult to beat because at the moment they are a soft touch.

As for Cooper, he did a decent job but did appear unable to adapt. Our defending has been poor for months (including last season) but nothing has changed. That might be because he was told to play that way, if that's the case then nothing will change but we won't be in a worse position.

One thing that didn't help cooper was his insistence in almost every post match interview to say we played well, even though it was obvious to most that we had been awful.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 08:06:32 »

I believed cooper has walked. I don't believe power would have sacked him and risk paying him off. Cooper seemed a beaten man at the end and people could tell he was talking through gritted teeth. I'd imagine Williams will not be too far behind there is no real reason Williams could not have taken temporary charge even if he was uncomfortable with it. If this was powers decision surely you have someone lined up to come in. Also any new manager worth while would surely want input and financial backing something again powers would not have wanted. All in all I think cooper leaving and the circumstances leaves us in a bad situation, wrong end of the table, a lot of players out, I'd imagine not a great deal of money available and a chairman that wants to control a lot of aspects. Who is gonna want that job. Cooper has walked, the situation was doing nothing for him or Swindon.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 08:23:54 »

ASD reporting a sacking rather than walked though. Not that it's overly important.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: