Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall V Swindon - matchday thread  (Read 25453 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:32:58 »

Not sure many were saying this when we were 1 game from promotion.  I understand the frustration with performances and results but, surely, he deserves the chance to get things right when, say, 6 of the 11 injured are back on the pitch?
He's had a very long time to fashion a functioning defence - failed spectacularly
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:34:07 »

Not sure many were saying this when we were 1 game from promotion.  I understand the frustration with performances and results but, surely, he deserves the chance to get things right when, say, 6 of the 11 injured are back on the pitch?
I would agree but we have been woeful since January... Of the 11 ,injured how many are starters? The starting team today didn't look too bad, the bench is weak but starting 11 looked at least capable of competing?
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:37:20 »

Some have been saying it since his appointment. Many were saying it when our results turned south at the start of this year.

We scraped into the playoffs because of our results before Christmas. We had a squad that could have won the division.

He's had all season to work on the system, he's persisted with a system that isn't getting results.

If the manager won't change the system, we should change the manager.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:39:23 »

I would agree but we have been woeful since January... Of the 11 ,injured how many are starters? The starting team today didn't look too bad, the bench is weak but starting 11 looked at least capable of competing?
Turnbull, kasim, robert, obika, Thomas, both thompson's. Possibly williams depending on formation.

Agree that it should have been more competitive on paper
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:41:26 »

He's had all season to work on the system, he's persisted with a system that isn't getting results.

If the manager won't change the system, we should change the manager.

But it's not just the manager is it? This is why I don't see how replacing Cooper would change things in the way some people seem to assume it will, because Power will still be here.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:44:13 »

Been shit since January, regardless of injuries or not
which year was that Huh???

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:46:13 »

I think the key thing here is the number of young, inexperienced players who would have never known what it's like to struggle in a scrap and deal with the pressure and atmosphere of a losing team.

Before this season started Vigs, Boo, Brophy, Barry and bangoura (all starters today) were all 21 or under and had never started a first team professional game amongst them
horlock07

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:51:04 »

Let's be honest we will all continue to support however bad it gets... But wonder how many clubs fan base would be demanding time for the manager with a similar 11 month record.

I suppose the key will be whether anyone else thinks Cooper is worth a punt after he finally leaves here?

At least nice to see Bournemouth getting a shoeing!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:53:06 »

Quote from: Batch
2-0 comfortable loss

even a stopped clock.....

right, now for coopers "did quite well...... lots of possession... no quality in final third".
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:55:14 »

2-0 - Thats a result for us !!!!!!!  -  Roll on Tuesday.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:55:30 »

2 shots on target in 3 games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:56:16 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
2 shots on target in 3 games.
statistically, the next one will go in
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 15:58:31 »

One shot on target and Stewart got it.

* image.jpg (36.26 KB, 492x520 - viewed 235 times.)

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 16:01:51 »

One shot on target and Stewart got it.
That's actually quite embarrassing we couldn't even muster the interest to commit more fouls than they did...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 16:04:47 »

have to say I was hoping to hear furious cooper today. but he's just playing the 'inexperienced' card.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: