Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Millwall V Swindon - matchday thread  (Read 24657 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 20:20:47 »

Just read on Daily Mail website Cooper set for showdown with Power - Surely this can't be it Huh?Huh? Crying
That's what happens when you rely on the Mail for news. You end up waaaay behind everyone else. Usually in the 1930s.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 20:23:43 »

I really don't know where to start, so maybe at the end.  To arrive, blinking, resigned into London Bridge and real life just after 5pm is some credit to the Millwall match day 'experience'.  It's an odd set up, a sanitised day out with no contact with the locals.  Shame that our team took that approach to heart - irrespective of the 14 players available to wear the shirt today, this was pitiful, so gutless and uncompetitive that I think the hosts only free kick in the first half came courtesy of a Branco dive.

Once again the physical contrast in the teams was startling, learning nothing from the untangling of last season, we've somehow assembled an even more lightweight outfit.  Thankfully Millwall were not special, but an honest, streetwise, effective enough bunch to make it quite literally men against boys.

Credit of sorts to Branco, Al Abd, Vigs and Stewart.  Though diminutive alright, Srewart looked spiky and like he might be pretty bothered.  The Bangoura fella did try to get involved, if below the touch and quality expected.

Otherwise, there's those plainly out of their depth: Barry, Brophy, Balmy, Randall - they tried, but simply aren't very good or not ready.  If I'm going to be critical it's those with proper professional backgrounds who, depleted though we may be, are letting us down.  The eBay wonder Ojaama, the frankly dreadful BOO, the ever ineffective Ajose.  And don't get me started on Gladwin, a player whose talent is in my blind spot even on the good days, which even those who fawn over his stepovers, his blind alleys and his capability to produce a wayward shooting opportunity out of nothing, will accept was not today.

Yaser Kasim sat amongst us in the first half, but reportedly, allegedly, apparently, gave up and sat in the coach for the second half.  If that's true, that just about sums us up.
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 21:00:26 »

Ancelotti is still available.

Ok, maybe the Villa manager
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 21:19:25 »

That's what happens when you rely on the Mail for news. You end up waaaay behind everyone else. Usually in the 1930s.

Clap

Great report Christy.. Although great seems the wrong word. I love that our most enthusiastic player on the pitch is now the player being described as "pretty bothered". Says it all.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 21:24:15 »

Yeah, thanks Christy. I think
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 17, 2015, 21:32:16 »

I really don't know where to start, so maybe at the end.  To arrive, blinking, resigned into London Bridge and real life just after 5pm is some credit to the Millwall match day 'experience'.  It's an odd set up, a sanitised day out with no contact with the locals.  Shame that our team took that approach to heart - irrespective of the 14 players available to wear the shirt today, this was pitiful, so gutless and uncompetitive that I think the hosts only free kick in the first half came courtesy of a Branco dive.

Once again the physical contrast in the teams was startling, learning nothing from the untangling of last season, we've somehow assembled an even more lightweight outfit.  Thankfully Millwall were not special, but an honest, streetwise, effective enough bunch to make it quite literally men against boys.

Credit of sorts to Branco, Al Abd, Vigs and Stewart.  Though diminutive alright, Srewart looked spiky and like he might be pretty bothered.  The Bangoura fella did try to get involved, if below the touch and quality expected.

Otherwise, there's those plainly out of their depth: Barry, Brophy, Balmy, Randall - they tried, but simply aren't very good or not ready.  If I'm going to be critical it's those with proper professional backgrounds who, depleted though we may be, are letting us down.  The eBay wonder Ojaama, the frankly dreadful BOO, the ever ineffective Ajose.  And don't get me started on Gladwin, a player whose talent is in my blind spot even on the good days, which even those who fawn over his stepovers, his blind alleys and his capability to produce a wayward shooting opportunity out of nothing, will accept was not today.

Yaser Kasim sat amongst us in the first half, but reportedly, allegedly, apparently, gave up and sat in the coach for the second half.  If that's true, that just about sums us up.

Respect....you went...top man

Clems Army!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 11:31:50 »

Lowlights are up

How that wasn't 4/5/6 - 0 I don't know
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 11:36:35 »

Respect....you went...top man

I went as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 11:55:11 »

didn't even show our shot, or any of our attacks, which could be the same thing!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:22:40 »

Lowlights are up

How that wasn't 4/5/6 - 0 I don't know

I actually commented to my old man that Vigs seemed to be stopping most of their efforts accidentally.

The amount of times a solo man up top for them was in between Branco and El-Abd and managed to get away, even from just basic lumps upfield, was embarrassing.

As soon as Traore gave the ball away leading to their counter for the 1st goal the writing was on the wall, you could see it coming a mile off.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:56:06 »

Yesterday afternoon was utterly depressing. I agree in the main with the thoughts of Christy, however would not give Branco and El Abd any credit at all - for the exact reason outlined by Kinky Tom in that Gregory was constantly in acres of space between them.

It was a disgraceful performance, the worst of Cooper's tenure for me - we simply rolled over. Vigouroux getting a warning for time wasting at a goal kick about 10 minutes in made clear exactly what our intentions were.

Christy has rightly made the point that four players who were on the pitch yesterday, Barry, Brophy, Balmy and Randall, were out of their depth. It wasn't their fault, but it was embarrassing watching them - I hope once the injured players return, we look to loan each of the four out. We really need to move things around so Barry does not start on Tuesday, even if it means a midfielder playing in his position.

Last mention must go to Ojaama, who somehow seems to get worse with every match he plays - pathetic again yesterday.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:05:40 »

One of my Millwall friends a season ticket holder since the 60's reckons we were possibly the worst side he's ever witnessed. He did like the wild cheering at our only shot though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:46:55 »

One of my Millwall friends a season ticket holder since the 60's reckons we were possibly the worst side he's ever witnessed. He did like the wild cheering at our only shot though.

That is quite likely...my feeling on Saturday, was that this could posssibly be the weakest side we'd ever fielded in a Div 3 game.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #208 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 09:04:39 »

Until tomorrow

And you can get 2/1 Oldham
Panda Paws

« Reply #209 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 09:12:47 »

There was a spell in the second half where my mate and I looked at each other and started going through our team - and the front in particular. Brophy, Balmy, Randall, Stewart, Traore, Bangoura - without doubt the poorest collection of players in living memory, both on paper and on grass.

But it must get better as players come back.... right?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: