Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper Out  (Read 26011 times)
Oxfordhater

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:04:50 »

I've got an idea.Why don't you head to the training ground on Monday and ask these 'questions' you speak of.

No that's a shit idea. It's bad enough watching them on a Saturday afternoon let alone training.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:11:16 »

I do feel for Cooper given the number of players we have out injured, but sticking to the same rigid slow 3-5-2 and trying to screw horn players into this formation when you haven't got the players to fit the formation is Barmy. Today Louis Thompson was rb and ajose kind of right wing. Why not change the formation and play the players in their comfortable positions.

Why is the tempo only at an acceptable level when we are 2-0 down?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:26:07 »

Some of the injuries occur due to lack of correct training and fitness.

Cooper should visit the TEF for advice, it seems we have a resident expert.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:37:15 »

Come on, blaming injuries on our training methods is a bit silly isn't it? Who the hell knows what we are doing in training? All teams go through an injury crisis, it's part and parcel of sports teams in general.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:41:08 »

Cooper should visit the TEF for advice, it seems we have a resident expert.
pmsl
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:43:55 »

It's the modern mentality. It used to just be bad luck now some people have to blame someone. We were probably lucky last season with injuries. I highly doubt we're doing anything much different this year. Unless our resident expert can tell me different obviously?!
SuperBosnian

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:44:15 »

Deserves until the end of the month to turn it around.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:44:50 »

MARK Cooper spoke to the media after Town's 2-1 home defeat to Peterborough United.

On the result...
I thought we did well with the team we cobbled together. I didn’t think we deserved to lose but you can't legislate for the second goal - that gives them something to hang on to. Ben Gladwin came in and added a lot to us. He could have scored three or four goals. For the first 20 minutes we got him in-and-around the box and with a bit more quality on the shots we could have easily scored. We got done by a sucker punch then in the second half we had a right go and deserved something out of the game. We just needed one more bit of quality. We had loads of opportunities to pull the trigger and it didn’t quite happen.

On injuries...
Jon Obika was in the team and got a bad injury yesterday morning so we had to change the team. He failed a fitness test before kick off. He got a bad kick in training and he’ll be out for a few weeks. We’ve got a lot of players unavailable and until we get them back its going to be hard.

On debutant, Adam El-Abd...
I thought he was good competed well and he is what he is hes a good defender. HI’m sure he’ll do well in his loan spell at the club.

On Louis THompson playing at right-back...
He was probably the only player that could play right back today. I spoke to him last night and he said "I'll play. I want to give it a go." He did great then when he went into midfield he was very good.

On the support...
I thought they were brilliant. The boys got a round of applause at the end. If you lose and put in the effort they understand that and appreciated the effort today.

Looking ahead...
Its difficult but you come back to the fact you have so many of your better players unavailable we somehow have got to scramble a result from somewhere. We need people back fit. It’s simple.

Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:16:22 »

Seriously why do people keep going on about these injuries being down to training, calne etc Brad Barry took a blow to his head, Fabien Robert got kicked at Blackpool and came off and today it was said that Obika was caught late by a player in training, if i recall correctly kevin Stewart hurt his knee in a tackle in a game and something similar for Jordan Williams, so really the only muscle type injuries were/are Nathan Thompson and Wes Thomas.

If a player gets injured in a tackle how is that avoidable?! It simply does just appear to be bad luck that they all seem to have come at the same time. I guess people will be saying its the clubs fault Kasim and Thompson have been on international duty and missed game!  Eek
woolster

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:30:09 »

Seriously why do people keep going on about these injuries being down to training, calne etc Brad Barry took a blow to his head, Fabien Robert got kicked at Blackpool and came off and today it was said that Obika was caught late by a player in training, if i recall correctly kevin Stewart hurt his knee in a tackle in a game and something similar for Jordan Williams, so really the only muscle type injuries were/are Nathan Thompson and Wes Thomas.

If a player gets injured in a tackle how is that avoidable?! It simply does just appear to be bad luck that they all seem to have come at the same time. I guess people will be saying its the clubs fault Kasim and Thompson have been on international duty and missed game!  Eek
Thompson played
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:36:07 »

Power buys the players

Williams is in charge of training

Cooper picks the team

I don't think cooper can be blamed much for the way events transpired today. The 11 that played did about as well as they could have done

Things get better but they never get good
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:42:34 »

Sorry but Cooper had to go.

Injury wise- Obika now is out for 4 weeks. There is something really wrong and some of these injuries are wholly avoidable.

We look relegation fodder. Sack him now to give a new man time
has he gone or not?
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:44:47 »

agree with this, wait till we have a full squad, give him 5 games and see where we are, whatever happens we can kiss goodbye to a playoff final at Wembley
Good, doubt to many would be bothered with it this time round.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:45:43 »

Some of the injuries occur due to lack of correct training and fitness.

The number we have is farcical- Power should be asking serious questions

Hahahahahaha the players are training in my gym and I know for a fact my trainer is one of the most knowledgable people in the industry!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:55:27 »

I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Powers model isn't reliant on results. If Cooper can keep brining through players to sell for profit - he'll stay in a job.
That doesn't really stack up. As Power himself has said, the only way to improve a players value is to improve the player and raise their profile. if he wants to turn a profit on players, they need to be successful. The problem, as I see it, apart from the stupid number of injuries, is the style of play. When it worked last year it was brilliant, but that was with a core group of players who had time to perfect it. This season, with the late signings and constant chopping and changing (mostly enforced) we haven't had that luxury.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: