Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Peterborough United - Matchday Thread  (Read 22213 times)
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:12:13 »

I reckon there's goals in this today, plenty of them, 2 poor defences, 4-3 town!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:12:59 »

I will always enjoy going regardless of how shit we are doing, it's the one thing that we have to get away from everyday shit at home.

I would still rather stand on the town end on a freezing cold saturday afternoon getting dicked 4-0 than be trudging through fucking ikea looking at a new table.
This
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:15:34 »

We're going to hammer them. 5-1.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:24:46 »

Not feeling well so can't face 6 hours in the car to watch Paul Hart like dull football.

60% possession and one shot on target & we will lose by at least 2.
Cooper will claim we played well and deserved to win regardless
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:26:15 »

The town need us. Dwindling crowds will hurt the team more than any defeat. Whilst the support is there we have a chance of turning it around.

For me the game is only a part of it. It's the time when I get to spend some quality time with my dad who is not getting any younger. He used to watch me every week as a youngster. Now I've stopped playing myself this is what we do.

I'm not getting my hopes up for this game. I will continue to support the town whatever the result as crowds in is ultimately what will give us a good team to watch, which is what I want.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:37:23 »

How will you decide when to return to the fold?

Head says 0-3, but I'll go for a ludicrous 0-0 until Jermaine 'I only score against the Posh' Hylton bags an injury-time winner.
Just need a game or 2 break from it.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:39:15 »

I've been adamant for the last few days I was going to give today a miss after the recent rubbish that's been served up.  However, now Saturday's here, I've changed my mind.  I'd only end up putting the radio on, so might as well be there.  At the moment my son is not going because he'd rather stay at home and do his homework.  Things must be bad!

I just hope things start to get a bit better today otherwise I think the crowd will really lose patience.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:49:10 »

Im in a similar situation. Living in London the weekends are the only opportunity to spend time with my dad and win, lose or draw I enjoy it.

As for the game, hopefully the 2 new players galvanise the side. If we can get a scrappy 3 points on the board math we'll go on a run.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:49:40 »

I had meant to quote littlred's post but my phone didn't play ball. Oh well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:52:08 »

Teams don't have to break sweat to score against us, we'll still piss about at the back and forwards will still get no service.

2 - 0 defeat. The real shame is, I don't care anymore and laugh when I hear the result.

... three days later.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:56:55 »

More cries of rubbish in the Arkells always something to look forward to - never a dull moment in team selection with new / old boys returning - what`s the point of not keeping the faith - it`s what you do when supporting this club - or am I missing the point and I should start supporting teams who only ever win.....COYR FFS

Like Chelsea and Liverpool fans? That's going well.  Grin

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:02:12 »

Anything other than a loss, would be a welcome surprise. We look the ideal opponent for a Westley side....physically weak and small in midfield...easily bullied.  No good on defendng crosses into the box, or stopping them happening. Hopefully Al-Abd can help, but a recurring theme this season is players not quite looking match sharp for a variety of reasons.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:19:07 »

Im in a similar situation. Living in London the weekends are the only opportunity to spend time with my dad and win, lose or draw I enjoy it.

As for the game, hopefully the 2 new players galvanise the side. If we can get a scrappy 3 points on the board math we'll go on a run.
How much does each home game cost you?

I'm at my parents today but can't really afford a ticket anyway. Can't see a win today.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:21:56 »

Would love to see Balmy start today. He adds a bit of flair to a midfield that has been largely bereft of creativity since the untimely exit of Byrne.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:34:57 »

Strong feeling that we're going to win today. Going 3-1

Vigouroux
Bangorou (no-one else can play RB?) Branco El-Abd BOO
Traore Rodgers
Ajose Gladwin Brophy
Obika

COYR

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print