Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 123913 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 18:06:51 »

The thing is the young loan approach has probably got us better players and made more money in the last couple of years than our youth set up has in its entire history. Luongo & Byrne both started as loans that helped sow the seeds for permanent switches. I'd wager some money that either Stephens or Turnbull will sign for us permanently in the next few years and Power is obviously trying to sign Vigs as well. Similarly Ajose's move was thanks to a successful loan spell.
Only one team in this league plays a lot of their own young players and that's Crewe who have struggled around the relegation zone for years and their youth system is light years ahead of ours. Most decent young players in this league have at some point been released from the youth system at bigger clubs.

Supermarine and Chippenham et al play at what is a pretty low level and our ex youth teamers don't exactly stand out which vindicates the clubs decision that they just weren't good enough. Also Oakley was injured for the majority of his time as a pro and Waldon had a few loan spells at the likes of Brackley and Tamworth and didn't impress. If you get released by a league club but have genuine quality you find yourself back pretty sharpish just look at Austin and Gladwin who were both released by Reading.

How many 'gems' have we actually let slip through down the years? Mustapha Carayol is about the best I can think of and I think he wanted to leave anyway.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 18:16:43 »

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was out for a while injured?

From his Twitter account on 21/11/15

"Superb 2-1 win from the boys vs Exeter, good to get a solid 55 minutes back from injury."
So Yeh he was injured but has been playing youth games since
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 18:41:09 »

Injured or not isn't he 17? Don't want to break him, in what has been a turbulent few months since Crewe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 11:44:20 »

Serious question for a minute - do we actually have any shareholders anymore outside Power and associated companies? Do we need to present any detailed accounts above what is needed to keep Companies House happy?

Strangely no one is demanding written evidence of how much Power has spent on the club?Huh?

Just as a follow up to this, I wrote to the Company Secretary in November to inform them of a change of my home address and made the point that it had been a long time since I had received any communication from them.  I provided details of my (small) shareholding and included the Share Certificate numbers.  And, yes, I know about the share 'consolidation' exercise in 2009 and the 'sub-division of share capital' in 2012, both of which reduced the status of people like me who owned a small number of shares and used to go to AGMs in the days when there were such things.

Getting no response, I wrote again a couple of weeks ago and have now received the following reply:

"We confirm receipt of your letter and apologise for the delay in responding.  This arose from difficulties in tracing details of your shareholding given the many changes in share reorganisation and ownership changes that have taken since you last communication from the club.

"Whilst we are unable to track your share certificates in the shareholding register given the multiple ownership changes we can confirm that following the acquisition of Swindon Town Football Club Limited in February 2013, the Club was acquired by Seebeck 87 Limited.  And indeed, in a subsequent high court ruling in July 2014 the Club registers rectified to reflect Swinton Reds 20 Limited as the owners of Swindon Town Football Club Limited.

"Kindest regards etc...."

Hmmm
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 15:31:09 »

Just read Lee Johnsons pre match preview on the official Barnsley website.
All the latest team news and injury updates and thoughts on Saturdays game.
How different is that to the news blackout emanating from our beloved County Ground.
No wonder it seems difficult to generate any interest for the missing supporters.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
DRS

« Reply #380 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 15:34:10 »

Just read Lee Johnsons pre match preview on the official Barnsley website.
All the latest team news and injury updates and thoughts on Saturdays game.
How different is that to the news blackout emanating from our beloved County Ground.
No wonder it seems difficult to generate any interest for the missing supporters.
You mean like the news we had from bbc wilts this morning from Luke Williams
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 15:37:09 »

So why not put it on the STFC website where it could be found easily.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 15:53:31 »

And not much help when you live within the M25 being on BBC Wilts. Saying that I'm sure if it was important it would be on here, otherwise its all fluff really.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 16:20:00 »

BBC wilts breakfast show is now so bad I doubt many people in Swindon heard it either
Flashheart

« Reply #384 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 16:37:23 »

This media blackout is so bad that I have to resort to using the media for news.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 21:55:45 »

BBC wilts breakfast show is now so bad I doubt many people in Swindon heard it either
The presenter has far more important things to talk about.
Humbug ,Archie . . . his new car.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, January 28, 2016, 22:26:13 »

The presenter has far more important things to talk about.
Humbug ,Archie . . . his new car.

Is it still Ben Prater?

I think its direction from above. Graham Mack was pretty good in the role once you got used to him. Used to get stuck in to local issues. Then he got axed when BBC Swindon did, and Prater took over - carried on in a similar vein for a bit before suddenly going back to being a shitty local station with light news and added crappy music.

Mark OD got axed too, presumably for not being Radio Norwich enough.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, March 6, 2016, 21:50:06 »

FOOTBALL : @Official_STFC chairman Lee Power on BBC Wiltshire (103-105FM) 6-7pm Mon 7 Mar for latest fans' phone-in. Questions please! #stfc
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, March 6, 2016, 22:17:17 »

Cheers, thought we must be due one.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Monday, March 7, 2016, 09:10:19 »

Come on guys, make it a bit more uncomfortable for Hodgetts and LP!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: