Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Android..  (Read 1819 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 06:47:09 »

Anyone know when the new OS (Marshmallow) is set to be released?

Also, anyone know what kind of updates we can expect?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 08:45:11 »

It's already available for Nexus devices. Other manufacturers will follow in the months to come once they've tested it and added their bloatware.

If you're competent with flashing your device there'll be ROMs available for you to DIY. Otherwise, wait for the OTA to roll out.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:15:35 »

it's the end of the OS road for my Nexus4
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 09:36:16 »

It's already available for Nexus devices. Other manufacturers will follow in the months to come once they've tested it and added their bloatware.

If you're competent with flashing your device there'll be ROMs available for you to DIY. Otherwise, wait for the OTA to roll out.

Thanks for that, I hate to come across like I'm taking the piss, and I'm not, believe me... but I only understood the first sentence  Sad

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 10:28:12 »

it's the end of the OS road for my Nexus4

Someone will come up with a 6.0 ROM if you want to flash it. I miss my Nexus 4 in a way. There's no chance my Z3 will get 6.0 for a while yet.

Thanks for that, I hate to come across like I'm taking the piss, and I'm not, believe me... but I only understood the first sentence  Sad

Ha! Basically I meant that if you wanted to, there are ways of updating/changing the software your phone runs yourself - but it's a little bit complicated, requires a bit of technical nous and generally voids your warranty (if you have one).

If you don't want to do that, you'll have to wait for the manufacturer to release the update over-the-air (OTA) which will show as an 'update is ready' message on your device.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 11:36:17 »

I recently flashed by Nexus back to Jelly Bean from Lollipop. Took me hours as I hit lots of snags but now at least I can use my tablet again - I am not going to go for any future updated OS on it.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:27:46 »

Someone will come up with a 6.0 ROM if you want to flash it. I miss my Nexus 4 in a way. There's no chance my Z3 will get 6.0 for a while yet.

Ha! Basically I meant that if you wanted to, there are ways of updating/changing the software your phone runs yourself - but it's a little bit complicated, requires a bit of technical nous and generally voids your warranty (if you have one).

If you don't want to do that, you'll have to wait for the manufacturer to release the update over-the-air (OTA) which will show as an 'update is ready' message on your device.

Fantastic, thanks... that made sense that time!  Cheesy

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:35:08 »

be careful if you need to root your phone , some apps won't work but there are ways to mask the rooting..

if you get to the re-flash stage it'll make sense...
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 16:36:13 »

What problems are people having with upgrades? My MotoG and Hudl2 went from KitKat to Lollipop and I haven't noticed any new problems?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 18:53:27 »

Google is doing a staged OTA roll out...it's not available on my Nexus tablet yet.

Sony plan to release it for the Z3 and as soon as possible Samdy so may be sooner than you think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: