Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town - Matchday thread  (Read 71482 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 11:34:01 »

good to get an opinion from someone who was there...

Yes it is.  Direct contradiction to what Cooper said both before and after the red card.  He is really seeing a completely different game to the supporters?

Having seen the sending off, I think it was a harsh red.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 11:35:23 »

To be honest I think Cooper knows exactly how we played, but tries to take the pressure off.

The alternative is he's clueless. Eek!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 13:26:13 »

To be honest I think Cooper knows exactly how we played, but tries to take the pressure off.
I'd hope so. We'd all be looking askance at a manager coming out and slaughtering the players in public. He has to defend his team (even if they can't!), even if he privately agrees with all the criticisms fans are making
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:06:22 »

See we are appealing Turnbull's red card. Extra game ban or maybe ruse so he can play Saturday

Appeal rejected. Quelle surprise
Flashheart

« Reply #409 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:08:34 »

I can easily see how the red was given. He reacted, that's always going to draw attention no matter how soft his actions might actually have been. Hopefully he'll learn not to do it again.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:10:11 »

This isn't the first time Turnbull has reacted. I've seen him do far worse and get nothing, or a yellow. Needs to keep his head focused but come on, it's not a red. The Oxford player gives him a shove before and makes contact, by the referees logic that's at least a yellow. At least!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:12:50 »

Appeal rejected. Quelle surprise

Does that give him an extra game's ban?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:15:08 »

The alternative is he's clueless. Eek!

To be fair he has shown he understands the problem and responded to the criticism by taking the innovative step of actually playing the players in a little more like their best positions.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #413 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:34:45 »

So, how many games does he have?

Listening to him reel off the length of time the injured players will be out for it looks like the middle of next month before they will be available.

Could be 6 games or so. Carry on as we are for that number of games we'll be rock bottom.

Surprised the matter of Cooper's job wasn't really brought up on the phone in
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:35:22 »

This isn't the first time Turnbull has reacted. I've seen him do far worse and get nothing, or a yellow. Needs to keep his head focused but come on, it's not a red. The Oxford player gives him a shove before and makes contact, by the referees logic that's at least a yellow. At least!

This!

I know red cards are being given out far too readily these days but if that's a red then there would be more than one in every game. I'm still not sure what he actually got sent off for which says a lot.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 14:39:54 »

Does that give him an extra game's ban?

Doesn't say in the report. Appeal has to be regarded as frivolous/vexatious I think to get the extra game ban. I remember Douglas getting an extra game ban though when the original decision seemed harsh so you never know
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 17:07:19 »

Well at least you're  not too needy and let it dominate your life.

You are right....I wish it didn't matter...but it does...

I'm a bit meh now.

I dunno if I can be bothered to go Saturday and that's unlike me.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:02:43 »

Having reflected since Tuesday evening, to not have a single shot on target in a local derby is disgusting, an utter disgrace. The scum won't have an easier victory over us.

Injuries, 10 men, we should still have enough to trouble a League 2 outfit and I think we were all resigned to defeat as soon as Turnbull got sent off (a blatant red). We folded there and then.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:09:24 »

Having reflected since Tuesday evening, to not have a single shot on target in a local derby is disgusting, an utter disgrace. The scum won't have an easier victory over us.

Injuries, 10 men, we should still have enough to trouble a League 2 outfit and I think we were all resigned to defeat as soon as Turnbull got sent off (a blatant red). We folded there and then.

You need to speed up your reflection reflexes...Tuesday night took me all of 30 secs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Thursday, October 8, 2015, 18:39:18 »

I'd hope so. We'd all be looking askance at a manager coming out and slaughtering the players in public. He has to defend his team (even if they can't!), even if he privately agrees with all the criticisms fans are making
People loved it when Di Canio did it
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: